The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!

Are there any other Female Dark Siders here?

Old 03-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,224 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
Notice I did use the word "most". Some, like you are the exception. You will also notice that most running the Dark Side mount their own tires. Which is beyond the capability of many men also.
Yes I noticed your use of the word "most." I try to give a little more leeway by using "a good number of." Had you used the word "all," my response may have been quite different. There are two words I try not using. Never and All. Never is a long long time, and All is all inclusive.

And yes, I have noticed most running the Dark Side tend to mount their own tires. The remainder use dealerships, and often not Harley dealerships. Others use an Indy. Personally, I can't find it in me to pay someone to do something I may have the capacity of doing myself even if I have never done it. In the end, I have learned something and the icing on the proverbial cake is I have saved quite a bit of money which then can be spent on something else I might want or need.

This year will be a prime example. I have yet to build a shed and my carpentry experience has been limited to making repairs to my home. Over the winter months I have read whatever I could find and even purchased a couple of books to help insure that when I start the building process, that it will be done right. I've also checked "setbacks" and if there was a need for any kind of permit, along with zoning. The cost of a new shed in the style I will be building ranges anywhere from $2,700 to $3,200 if I were to order one. That probably doesn't include site setup and delivery. Though I haven't run my materials list for prices yet, I anticipate paying maybe a third of that for hopefully a better built shed. Mind you, I couldn't drive a nail in straight if my life depended on it, but I acknowledge my inadequacies and now have a framing nail gun. The savings alone will allow for other purchases.

I don't have the luxury of having a man in my life to do those things, and really, I am probably too old to be of interest to the majority of men.

Last edited by Bonnie Storm; 03-13-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:55 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm
I am probably too old to be of interest to the majority of men.
Dont underestimate yourself Bonnie......As long as you are breathing...You are of interest to most here.....

The following users liked this post:
Bonnie Storm (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,224 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway

Dont underestimate yourself Bonnie......As long as you are breathing...You are of interest to most here.....

Yeah, but I didn't really come here to find a companion or husband, but more to learn and for social interaction with like minded individuals. Anyway, most tend to live too far away!

BTW, yesterday while playing with my forum avatar and settings, I removed the little hummingbird picture in my profile and replaced it with a picture of myself taken with a security camera late last year. Then cropped and resized. Even at 100x100 pixels it should still make most men run off screaming in terror. (just kidding)

Last edited by Bonnie Storm; 03-13-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:14 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Yes I noticed your use of the word "most." I try to give a little more leeway by using "a good number of." Had you used the word "all," my response may have been quite different. There are two words I try not using. Never and All. Never is a long long time, and All is all inclusive.

And yes, I have noticed most running the Dark Side tend to mount their own tires. The remainder use dealerships, and often not Harley dealerships. Others use an Indy. Personally, I can't find it in me to pay someone to do something I may have the capacity of doing myself even if I have never done it. In the end, I have learned something and the icing on the proverbial cake is I have saved quite a bit of money which then can be spent on something else I might want or need.

This year will be a prime example. I have yet to build a shed and my carpentry experience has been limited to making repairs to my home. Over the winter months I have read whatever I could find and even purchased a couple of books to help insure that when I start the building process, that it will be done right. I've also checked "setbacks" and if there was a need for any kind of permit, along with zoning. The cost of a new shed in the style I will be building ranges anywhere from $2,700 to $3,200 if I were to order one. That probably doesn't include site setup and delivery. Though I haven't run my materials list for prices yet, I anticipate paying maybe a third of that for hopefully a better built shed. Mind you, I couldn't drive a nail in straight if my life depended on it, but I acknowledge my inadequacies and now have a framing nail gun. The savings alone will allow for other purchases.

I don't have the luxury of having a man in my life to do those things, and really, I am probably too old to be of interest to the majority of men.
You remind me of someone........................oh yeh, my lovely Wife!

Bonnie Storm (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:29 PM
propflux01
Road Master

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Y...... Even at 100x100 pixels it should still make most men run off screaming in terror. (just kidding)
Not a Chance..

Bonnie Storm (03-14-2018)