Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The Dark Side (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dark-side-167/)
-   -   Are there any other Female Dark Siders here? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dark-side/1222473-are-there-any-other-female-dark-siders-here.html)

Bonnie Storm 03-10-2018 01:44 PM

Are there any other Female Dark Siders here?

I'm asking out of curiosity as I don't recall seeing any posts or evidence that there are any other female Dark Sider's here other than myself. I can't believe I'm the only one!

So come on Ladies, speak up!

I've been Dark siding since the end of June 2014 with many many happy miles since.

I was lured to the Dark Side because I heard y'all have Bacon! :D

PFWiz 03-10-2018 04:17 PM

I did not know there was such a thing as a female Dask Sider until now. You are actually the first I can remember...

Bonnie Storm 03-11-2018 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by PFWiz (Post 17168493)
I did not know there was such a thing as a female Dark Sider until now. You are actually the first I can remember...

Well, if there are Male Dark Sider's y'all would think there would have to be Female Dark Sider's. I know I haven't been on this part of the forum long with my first post on November 1st 2017 (24 posts total with this one being #24) and I figured I may have missed seeing any other ladies here. Oh well, someone has to be the first so it might as well be me! :D

dan_tominovich 03-12-2018 07:50 AM

Isn't Darksiding for everyone?
I think so...

Bonnie Storm 03-12-2018 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dan_tominovich (Post 17172596)
Isn't Darksiding for everyone?
I think so...

I always thought so too, but so far I'm not seeing any ladies venturing to the Dark Side other than myself.

Me, I had seen it online someplace and it peeked my curiosity. I did a lot of reading and decided it was something I wanted to do. I never asked any questions or gave an indication I would be moving over to the Dark Side. I just did it! I also changed my own tires using tire spoons, tossed in a bag of Balance Beads without the bag, to avoid the naysayers. The rest is history. (CT 205/60-16 rear and Reversed MT rear 130/70-18 front, soon to be changing to 150/70-18)

I guess some think it's too risky. Maybe they listen too much to those who have never tried it. But whatever their reasoning doesn't matter. I'm glad I made the switch and I'm never going back.

PFWiz 03-12-2018 01:33 PM

I ran a Battle Ax 150 rear tire up front on my last bike. I ran it frontwards and was very happy with it. After I wear out the front tire on the new bike I will probably do it again.

Bonnie Storm 03-12-2018 03:42 PM

It appears my front tire will need replacing in another month or two where I'll be switching from the 130 to the 150, probably the BattleAxe. I did consider running the rear tire like you have, but I was more concerned with the direction of the rain sipes. It seems to me running them forward would have the rain sipes going in the wrong direction drawing rain to the center of the tire where you could potentially lose traction. I had also read and seen pictures where the tire starts separating due to the way the tire is manufactured when running them forward. That's also my reason for running them backwards. With my riding style which includes riding in the rain, snow, slush, mud, and over whatever kind of ice, I just figure I need all the traction I can get. If I could find an appropriate sized car tire for the front (not those doughnut things) I would mount one in a heart beat.

I won't condemn anyone who runs them forward though. After all, they may know something I don't.

perki48 03-12-2018 03:45 PM

There probably are, but most of them don't know much more than how to start their bikes and the ol' man doesn't fill them in on what he has done to them.

Bonnie Storm 03-12-2018 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by perki48 (Post 17174072)
There probably are, but most of them don't know much more than how to start their bikes and the ol' man doesn't fill them in on what he has done to them.

Well, that's not a very nice thing to say! But, it's probably true for a good number of women. I've known some ladies who couldn't change a light bulb on their own. Seriously, many are dumb as a rock. On that same note, I've also come across a good number of men who were also dumb as a rock. So I guess it's not gender specific.

Me, if I don't know how to do something, I'll find a way to learn how. The Internet works well, and YouTube has plenty of How To videos on just about any subject imaginable. I do all of my own wrenching including changing my tires (bearings included) If I run into a snag, I don't run to an Indy or the dealership. I just do more studying and figure it out for myself.

perki48 03-12-2018 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm (Post 17174507)
Well, that's not a very nice thing to say! But, it's probably true for a good number of women. I've known some ladies who couldn't change a light bulb on their own. Seriously, many are dumb as a rock. On that same note, I've also come across a good number of men who were also dumb as a rock. So I guess it's not gender specific.

Me, if I don't know how to do something, I'll find a way to learn how. The Internet works well, and YouTube has plenty of How To videos on just about any subject imaginable. I do all of my own wrenching including changing my tires (bearings included) If I run into a snag, I don't run to an Indy or the dealership. I just do more studying and figure it out for myself.

Notice I did use the word "most". Some, like you are the exception. You will also notice that most running the Dark Side mount their own tires. Which is beyond the capability of many men also.