The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!

Darkside "car tire"

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:51 PM
ranger351w
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by loopie
car tyres on a bike if your using a sidecar is okay.. Any thing else and your a clown, bike tyres are made for bikes , they are designed too be leaned thru corners..... IF your having mileage issues go too a touring compound rubber,, NOT a sports soft rubber,,, for **** sake get off the drugs guys,,, Before you kill some innocent person when your bike becomes a stray missile
EXPLAIN THIS too your insurance company why your running a car tyre on your bike???? CLAIM denied...... hurt some one and the LAWYERS are going too sue your **** ..BE warned you clowns

TELL ME IM WRONG I might be rude but I know the difference between car and bike tyres

And you know this how? You have ridden How MANY MILES ON THEM?
You probably know more about it than my 25k on them plus has taught me. And others who have somehow survived TENS OF thousands of mile.

Enlighten me with facts so I to can ride safe and not hurt other people sir.

OH YES
YOU ARE WRONG SIR!!!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger351w
And you know this how? You have ridden How MANY MILES ON THEM?
You probably know more about it than my 25k on them plus has taught me. And others who have somehow survived TENS OF thousands of mile.

Enlighten me with facts so I to can ride safe and not hurt other people sir.

OH YES
YOU ARE WRONG SIR!!!
I don't think you will be hearing any more from those morons in this thread. Pretty sure they got their tiny pee pees smacked by the moderators for violating forum rules.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:48 PM
rdm97apd
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diggin up bones...

I know this thread is old, and has only a few recent posts, but I just traided my dark side GL1800 for a 15 ultral limited. I gurantee you, as soon as that rea tire is worn out, it's getting a Michelin Alpine. I just gotta figure out a good size, and a place to mount it.

By the way, I wore a set of pegs out on that GL1800 with the Alpine on the back. NEVER had a problem in the corners.

Ride Safe
Rick

Old 06-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Turbospirites
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking of going to the dark side on my Dyna out here in Kansas there are no corners at all flat straight roads might be a slight bend or two but nothing you would consider a corner if you can go around it at over 120 miles an hour on a Harley lol but most riding out here is highway I'm looking at the Metz 880 tire but thinking about the dark side because not having corners at all!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 AM
razors edge
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&sowigan=&Breite=175&Quer=55&Felg e=17&Speed=&kategorie=6&LoadRange=&Marke=&ranzahl= 4&search_tool=standard&tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=PK W&suchen=View+Tires
Turbo,take a look at this link.
I've got 2,000 miles on this tire and couldn't be happier.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:23 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,094 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by razors edge
http://www.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&sowigan=&Breite=175&Quer=55&Felg e=17&Speed=&kategorie=6&LoadRange=&Marke=&ranzahl= 4&search_tool=standard&tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=PK W&suchen=View+Tires
Turbo,take a look at this link.
I've got 2,000 miles on this tire and couldn't be happier.

Thank you, I was just getting ready to tell Turbo good luck finding a tire that would work. I had not been able to find one. Thanks to you now I know of at least one.