The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision works intermittently

Old 06-15-2018, 09:46 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by h-d wrencher
Has anyone found a cure for this yet? I talked to Fuel Moto today and rerouted the cable as suggested and gauges went blank after 60 seconds. I had a PC V that crapped out under warranty. The replacement one crapped out along with a dyno tune that Fuel Moto did. I have about 700 miles on the P V I have now and it's giving me greif already. I am loosing faith dynojet.
I'm not sure what you are ridding. I have a FLHX and I had a set of fans plugged into the aux plug under the seat. I controlled them from the aux toggle switch on the fairing. My PV gauges flashed in and out when the fans were running. I unhooked the fans from the aux connection and wired them directly to the battery. Have not had an issue since.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:19 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 302 Posts

09 Flhx. I am beginning to wonder if the Kenwood head unit or the amp may be doing it. I suppose it could be anything. I have all led lights.... brake flasher.... I suppose it could be any of those. Or will that not have an effect on it?

Last edited by h-d wrencher; 06-15-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:50 AM
AntoninJapan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temporary relief so to speak

I finally got a guy from DJ by the name of “DynoDan”

Dan Hourigan to send me the previous two firmwares for the PV2 and I restored the older of the two...went out to the bike connected and presto...its working again. It’s not perfect, but it’s responding to touch and I was able to copy my ECM and adjust the deceleration backfire and send the tune back to the bike...

update...3 months later...PV2 regressed back to no longer responding to touch...

Old 06-16-2018, 09:17 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by h-d wrencher
09 Flhx. I am beginning to wonder if the Kenwood head unit or the amp may be doing it. I suppose it could be anything. I have all led lights.... brake flasher.... I suppose it could be any of those. Or will that not have an effect on it?
If you have anything plugged into that aux connection, I'd unplug it and give it a try. I went through the same thing. I removed my amp and the led lights/load equalizer. I got the same result. PV gauges flashed out while ridding and I had to stop and cycle on and off for them to come back on. I haven't had any issues since I took the fans off of the aux connection.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:41 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,012 Likes on 588 Posts

Mine just started doing this about a month ago . Sometimes it won't come on with the ignition, then 5 or so miles down the road it will turn on. Sometimes it will come on with the ignition but will turn off at some point during the ride, and then back on again at some point.

This morning however it just flat out wouldn't turn off, even with the ignition off. It has to be an issue with the cable/connector because when I was pulling the side cover to get to the data port it was inducing the on/off condition just by moving the cover in and out, with the ignition off.