The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black

Old 05-09-2016, 08:47 AM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black

This weekend I installed the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black with the bluetooth interface and, so far, I am extremely happy with the results. The install also included new Cobra Power Port Duel head-pipes and the S&S Stealth air cleaner. There was an obvious increase in HP and torque. The bike pulls really hard, sounds great, and no more heat issues. I am a happy customer and would recommend the Fi2000 tuner to anyone.

The following users liked this post:
sB43 (09-26-2019)
Old 05-13-2016, 12:47 PM
SoloRider67
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that it has been a few days, how is it working? Any MPG Changes? Is it as Plug-n-Play as they claim.

This tuner almost sounds too good to be true.

I am thinking about getting this. I have a 2001 Road King EFI that I just recently bought. (My first Harley and first FI bike) It has a Power Commander 2 on it currently. I don't know if the map is right and with the PC2 being so old, no one really supports it anymore (Let alone trying to do it myself because I have not owned a computer with an RS-232 port on in in about 10 years.) over the past 2-3 weeks I have noticed a lot more decel pop and I am hoping i didn't mess up the map when I installed an Amp near the tuner area.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:40 AM
tacarms
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the PowrPro Black on my 2000 Road King. It is missing at idle and at speed. I emailed Cobra about the problem. Waiting to hear back.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:28 PM
shovhd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tacarms
I just installed the PowrPro Black on my 2000 Road King. It is missing at idle and at speed. I emailed Cobra about the problem. Waiting to hear back.
Hear anything yet? Just installed on my 2013 WG and so far so good. Can't seem to get the Bluetooth to connect to my cell phone though....

Old 07-09-2016, 04:53 PM
tacarms
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shovhd
Hear anything yet? Just installed on my 2013 WG and so far so good. Can't seem to get the Bluetooth to connect to my cell phone though....
I been in contact with Cobra tech support. They have been slow to respond. First they kept trying to diagnose the bluetooth only working sometimes. Blamed the app. I let them know I didn't care about bluetooth. I wanted the bike to run right. Then they kept trying to tell me the bike had an ignition or fuel problem. They said to remove the powrpro and then fix the bike problem. I removed the powrpro and the problems stopped. I let them know and emailed a copy of my receipt. After a couple of days they issued me an RMA to send it back to be tested. He said if it tested bad, they would either fix it or send me a new one. If it tested fine, they would send it back to me as is. Just getting it shipped off. The saga continues.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:37 AM
shovhd
Cruiser

Hope it works out for you. I finally got the app to connect to my iPad. I guess the app don't like android phones.?. Now I just need need a primer on what the adjustments actually do and to what scale. I emailed Andre at Cobra, we'll see what he says. I think I'll start a new thread on adjustments. Good luck.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:06 PM
ksummers
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro auto tunes then what is the point of the app?

Old 07-15-2016, 10:52 PM
shovhd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ksummers
If the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro auto tunes then what is the point of the app?
Good question. Hopefully someone has an answer....

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Stevos50nuts
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. So I got a 14 fxdb with a real nice horsepower inc v2 air cleaner and a pole made by SPF. My shoo has tried twice to dynotune. Still BIGTIME hesitations when rolling on the throttle quick at 1/4. They are not flashing but remap with screaming eagle super tuner. This thing from cobra sounds to good to be true. I Either have yo take it to get reflashed or....... This

Old 07-31-2016, 06:58 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 196 Posts

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Find a shop with a qualified/ competent tuner and your problems will go away. The tuning device you have is very capable for your needs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Other Devices: Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Black