The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Procedure for unmarrying Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 05:33 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Procedure for unmarrying Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Pro

I have an SE Super Tuner Pro installed on a 2016 Softail Slim S. A basic tune was done and the bike rides ok but I may want to go with a PCV tuner. Is there any way to unmarry the SE from my bike so I can sell the tuner to someone else and not lose out on the money I spent?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Markfish54
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope...

Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

The SE Tuner is far superior to the PCV. Why would you want to go backwards?

The following users liked this post:
qtrracer (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced

Originally Posted by jbarr1
The SE Tuner is far superior to the PCV. Why would you want to go backwards?
There is an independent tuner local to me that dyno tunes only using a PCV. He does not use the SE Tuner. His pricing and turn around time for tuning is very reasonable compared to the quotes and turn around time I got from the Harley dealer for a second SE tune as well as two other independent SE tuner shops. Also both shops not as local to me. Also he comes highly recommended by a few of my friends so I'm looking to establish a relationship for other work as well with an indi rather than the dealer.

That said, the PCV tuner shop did indicate that both SE Pro Tuner and PCV are good products and that in the right hands I'll be able to get the bike well tuned with either. My choice, no pressure. His honesty put me at ease. So in the long run if I can unmarry the tuner and sell it I can get my bike work done with someone closer to my location that offers better turn around time and priced right.

Last edited by gr82bagn; 10-10-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:55 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by gr82bagn
There is an independent tuner local to me that dyno tunes only using a PCV. He does not use the SE Tuner. His pricing and turn around time for tuning is very reasonable compared to the quotes and turn around time I got from the Harley dealer for a second SE tune as well as two other independent SE tuner shops. Also both shops not as local to me. Also he comes highly recommended by a few of my friends so I'm looking to establish a relationship for other work as well with an indi rather than the dealer.

That said, the PCV tuner shop did indicate that both SE Pro Tuner and PCV are good products and that in the right hands I'll be able to get the bike well tuned with either. My choice, no pressure. His honesty put me at ease. So in the long run if I can unmarry the tuner and sell it I can get my bike work done with someone closer to my location that offers better turn around time and priced right.
You can't unmarry that se tuner. Find someone that uses it and use them. In the long run you will be better off.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:16 PM
gr82bagn
Advanced

Originally Posted by qtrracer
You can't unmarry that se tuner. Find someone that uses it and use them. In the long run you will be better off.
Thanks, if I can't unmarry the SE tuner rather than take a hit in the pocket I'll probably end up keeping it and follow your suggestion. Wait until the spring comes and my schedule frees up to get her tuned.