Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The Dyno Room (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dyno-room-190/)
-   -   TTS: TTS Mastertune Model Difference? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dyno-room/1142557-tts-mastertune-model-difference.html)

Garrman 10-19-2016 05:26 PM

TTS Mastertune Model Difference?

Hi Gang,

I just purchased what I thought was a TTS Mastertune 200008 (single bike tuner) and seems to have turned out to be a 9225. I see no reference to the 9225 on the TTS website. I have hit Google up and as near as I can tell, the 9225 cannot accept a firmware update.

Is this correct?

Any other limitations I need to be aware of?

I plan to replace my existing PCIII with this unit. I hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot.

I am still awaiting the package to arrive. In the meantime, I am reading everything I can about the unit. My bike is a 2002 without O2 sensors. Am I just dreaming that I can get a tune close enough to ride it the 30 miles or so to the Dyno shop?

No radical modifications, just SE AC, Andrews 26 cams and a V&H Pro Pipe.

Any info is appreciated.

Garrman

FLTRI17 10-19-2016 07:38 PM

Just pick the calibration for a 2001-04 95" (not 88" as you have) stage 2 (w/SE203 cam).
That should work for you.
Bob

Garrman 10-19-2016 09:23 PM

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand where to find a configuration as you described. I am at a disadvantage as I don't have the tuner yet.

Do you download a configuration from the web or define it in the software?

Thanks,
Garrman

FLTRI17 10-20-2016 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Garrman (Post 15609525)
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand where to find a configuration as you described. I am at a disadvantage as I don't have the tuner yet.

Do you download a configuration from the web or define it in the software?

Thanks,
Garrman

Its all found in the tuning manual you get when you download the Mastertune et al.
You don't need to be an owner to get the software and calibrations.
www.matertune.net

Garrman 10-20-2016 11:41 AM

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that might be the case. I will download the software later this morning and poke around a bit.

My plan is to get it to a safe starting point and bring it up to RC Cycles in Hayward, CA. I have heard great things about the shop and their dyno work.

Garrman

FLTRI17 10-20-2016 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Garrman (Post 15611136)
Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that might be the case. I will download the software later this morning and poke around a bit.

My plan is to get it to a safe starting point and bring it up to RC Cycles in Hayward, CA. I have heard great things about the shop and their dyno work.

Garrman

No problem. The HD base map I suggested will get it running enough to get it to RC. I look forward to meeting you and tuning your bike.
Tues-Sat. I don't work Mondays.
Thanks,
Bob

Garrman 10-20-2016 01:11 PM

I had no idea you were "that" Bob. Your reputation proceeds you.

Thanks again, look forward to meeting you.

Garrman