The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: New Harley Auto tune module now available

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbr107
When using the Auto Tune Module does the main F/A table stay locked in the EPA compliant settings like tunning with the Street Tuner? I have not had the opportunity to use one yet.
If you are using the Pro street tuner to tune with YES. If you are using the Super Tuner Pro that was discontinued you have a little room to move things

Old 01-19-2018, 11:50 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

AFAIK, any and all parts, assys, and systems coming from the MOCO must meet all emissions regulations. This means all running (rpm & load) must be kept tightly constrained to lean/hot running.
There are so many other, more complete and adjustable tuning systems than the HD “emissions compliant” system I don’t see the attraction...other than marketing and forum hype.
As Steve mentioned, if you happen to own a SuperTuner Pro race tuner (no longer available in USA) then it will do the job because the tuner can completely tune a bike rather than follow the emissions regulated line.
Bob

Old 02-14-2018, 06:11 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

How did this turn out ?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:19 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Still gathering bits, nearly there, got headers with both size 02 ports, just waiting for a bracket for the muffler, let you know if it works or not, no big deal if it doesn't, bike runs fine and its cost me sweet fa for parts.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by Hilly13
Still gathering bits, nearly there, got headers with both size 02 ports, just waiting for a bracket for the muffler, let you know if it works or not, no big deal if it doesn't, bike runs fine and its cost me sweet fa for parts.
I talked to Mario AKA Fikmik from the Aussie HD forum site and he believes the Auto Tune Module will work with the SEPST, also the SEPST now has 18 Softails inn the maps and the maps are the same as the SEST , so to get a decent tune you'd probably have to manually program some AFR's and timing . I have Mario's ph number if you want it.
Mario quit the Aussie forums as there was too much BS for him , he's a really good dude too man, so many decent dudes leave forums because of punks . I quit because of the colour of a two cent piece ha ha them and their dogs are everywhere mate.
I'm grabbing a reco tuner from Mario .
Cheers Hilly.

Last edited by badcooky; 02-15-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 PM
badcooky
Banned

The Auto tune module will work with the race(SEPST) tuner folks both Harley Magic and Sun City Harley Davidson have told me the same thing . Their issue is there's not enough adjustment through it though and it's probably a waste of money with a race tuner(SEPST).

Old 03-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Well until a short time ago the Race Tuner was fine for 120's, go figure lol, I think it will be ok for my 110, plenty of adjustment available for my needs I reckon, lots of 117's running around with a race tuner tune.
Find out soon, muffler is in the country, im in no hurry, its just for my amusement.
See suncity is pushing power vision now, rolling with the times I guess.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:06 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Well until a short time ago the Race Tuner was fine for 120's...
Full-featured tuners:
Old “RaceTuner” was developed by TTS and sold through HD.
TTS left the MOCO umbrella and HD contracted to SPX-Kentmoore to make the “SuperTuner”.
First “SuperTuner” was black and had comm issues when used on a dyno.
Second version “SuperTuner” was orange without comm issues.
Last, newest “StreetTuner” is black neutered version of the “SuperTuner” with very little adjustments available. Only those adjustments that EPA emissions laws allow.
Bob

Old 03-16-2018, 02:37 AM
badcooky
Banned

Well until a short time ago the Race Tuner was fine for 120's, go figure lol, I think it will be ok for my 110, plenty of adjustment available for my needs I reckon, lots of 117's running around with a race tuner tune.
Find out soon, muffler is in the country, im in no hurry, its just for my amusement.
See suncity is pushing power vision now, rolling with the times I guess.
Hilly the race tuner is fine it's the Auto Tune Module that they believe has too little adjustment,well one shop does and one doesn't ,I don't think it'd have to do much if you were dyno close anyways.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:16 AM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 400 Likes on 284 Posts

Once the tuning parameters are set by the SERT tuner, the Auto Tune module should just maintain those values based on the changing current climate conditions (temp, humidity, altitude, barometric pressure), and throttle position/ engine load.

Quick Reply: HARLEY: New Harley Auto tune module now available