The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: New Harley Auto tune module now available

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

OOPs forgot got the pipes and AC , downloaded a tune the bike runs better ,then put in TTI's and it ran better again.
Is it worth doing some auto tune runs with the race tuner till I get it on a dyno ,I mean if I screw it up I can just download a stock Stage 1 map right. Or can I just add a couple of degrees timing to the canned Stage 1 map ?
I hear a lot of hate for the ATM unit from competent tuners? Is it a gimmick or is it affecting their sales ?

Old 04-21-2018, 04:11 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

It's not hate ...it's do you really think you need it?

The key question is do you want/need a fully closed-loop system, or do you think the stock Delphi, mainly closed-loop / open loop at higher loads, runs perfectly fine thank you very much?

You are hinting at getting yours dyno tuned ...I would do that way before I thought about switching to slower reacting wideband sensors when the stock already manages closed-loop for around 87% of my current riding (last time I took a log)

The question about wide vs narrow FOR TUNING is a completely different one to normal running around once you are finished.

Last edited by Gordon61; 04-21-2018 at 04:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-2018, 04:46 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Yea I'll try to do some race tuner tuning first then get her on the dyno .
No biggie .

Old 05-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Finally got the bike to the tune stage, as it sits its an FLSS 110, SE58mm, 5.3 injectors, stock heads, .030" gaskets, SE 10.5 pistons, Rush headers with a Wrath 2.5" core muffler, 32H cams, will get onto it today, narrow bands first then see what the widebands can do for the tune, if anything. No Durwood in this neck of the woods so no point beating that drum.

Last edited by Hilly13; 05-18-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:02 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser

So settled the VE and timing tables using the narrow bands with the SE program and MyTune, wasn't difficult as the cams were not changed since last I tuned it, switched over to the wideband unit and did a data run, ran that data through both programs and it decreased VE in both tables, pointless really as when I switch it back to narrow band control the ECM will try to bring them back to what they were before the wideband corrections, yes I did get data out to 100% TPS and 6000RPM but I wouldn't call it reliable given the changes the wideband data wanted to do in the narrow band sweet spot area, my conclusion, tune on the road with the narrow bands or take it to a good tuner to do it properly on the dyno, don't waste your coin on wideband SE tuning, other systems might be better, don't know but i think these bikes are so forgiving on AFR most punters would not realise how far off they are and the spend convinces the mind it's better.
Thats real world and my time and coin to find out so no axe to grind.
Cheers.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilly13
So settled the VE and timing tables using the narrow bands with the SE program and MyTune, wasn't difficult as the cams were not changed since last I tuned it, switched over to the wideband unit and did a data run, ran that data through both programs and it decreased VE in both tables, pointless really as when I switch it back to narrow band control the ECM will try to bring them back to what they were before the wideband corrections, yes I did get data out to 100% TPS and 6000RPM but I wouldn't call it reliable given the changes the wideband data wanted to do in the narrow band sweet spot area, my conclusion, tune on the road with the narrow bands or take it to a good tuner to do it properly on the dyno, don't waste your coin on wideband SE tuning, other systems might be better, don't know but i think these bikes are so forgiving on AFR most punters would not realise how far off they are and the spend convinces the mind it's better.
Thats real world and my time and coin to find out so no axe to grind.
Cheers.
Maybe they will listen to you, as I've been telling them the same thing for years. It's not the brand you use, NONE of them are going to work as advertise when running the Delphi ECM code as it was not designed to do what the internet sales guy is trying to sell it as.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Hilly13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Maybe they will listen to you, as I've been telling them the same thing for years. It's not the brand you use, NONE of them are going to work as advertise when running the Delphi ECM code as it was not designed to do what the internet sales guy is trying to sell it as.
I believe you Mr Cole I surely do, I just wanted to see if I could get any useful data to apply to the tune, I can't, maybe others can but not this little black duck.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilly13
I believe you Mr Cole I surely do, I just wanted to see if I could get any useful data to apply to the tune, I can't, maybe others can but not this little black duck.
I just hate to see people who work hard for there money get lead down this road. The feature they are ALL trying to use in the Delphi ECM works just fine for what it was intended to do, but tuning a bike on the road just was never in the cards. Then the internet marketing salesman tries to tell people it's an auto tuner........................

Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 AM
CheneyColin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
I do not see where in the Automatic Tuner module description that is said or implied.

In the first, the connections for the Pro Street Tuner VCI are the same as Pro Super Tuner VCI.

Secondly the software manipulations are the same for both VCIs.

There may be hardware/software that prevents using Automatic Tuner with Pro Super Tuner but that is not detailed in the product description.

At this point I am interested to see how the tuning gurus here react to this product. I do not pretend to be one of those guys and hope they will chime-in soon.

Moving on, it appears the Automatic Tuner needs to remain attached to the motorcycle and the module appears to have mounting-specific areas on the case. Anyone know where it attaches to the motorcycle?
I read in the installation manual its behind battery need to remove it

Old 07-08-2018, 10:58 AM
CheneyColin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Humorous

I just ride.

Quick Reply: HARLEY: New Harley Auto tune module now available