The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: SE pro street tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 01:08 AM
jasonvo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE pro street tuner

Hi everyone,
I have issued with SE pro street tuner please help. My computer recognize VCI and ECM, I program Data recording no problem but when in program mode it won't worked. I had uninstalled and reinstall a fews time not worked, I charged battery full didn't help, software install in C drive update ok but failed if I install in different drive. Thanks for any tech support.

Attached Thumbnails SE pro street tuner-img_1851.jpg   SE pro street tuner-img_1852.jpg   SE pro street tuner-img_1854.jpg   SE pro street tuner-img_1855.jpg  

Last edited by jasonvo; 02-20-2017 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,229 Likes on 3,610 Posts

This looks to be a problem with download of the program from HD.. Try downloading the program from HDs web site then installing by using "run as admin". Simply running Street tuner as admin may work also. Since the program installer sets up a link to access HD every time the program runs, your anti-virus software is likely blocking access.. I use Kaspersky anti virus and get a number of pop-ups from Kaspersky asking if the HD software should be allowrd to make changes. Your anti virus software may simply be blocking that access causing the install to fail..

Old 02-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I would uninstall and then re-install it from the website and it shouldn't need to check for updates.

If you find the folder that it installed to, you may find a lastupdate.txt file that you can change to today's date and then try again.

The file should be located on the PC somewhere like this:

C:\Program Files\Sreet Tuner\Applications\lastupdate.txt

Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 PM
jasonvo
Novice

I will try. Thanks

Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 AM
jasonvo
Novice

I tried all that, install and reinstall without any problem. The computer did setup DVI for offline recording data but VCI won't program. Weird

Old 02-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,229 Likes on 3,610 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonvo
I tried all that, install and reinstall without any problem. The computer did setup DVI for offline recording data but VCI won't program. Weird
I thought it had to program the VCI for no PC recording.. At least that is what I see.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:41 AM
jasonvo
Novice

It will program VCI for data recording on the flight but won't flash ECM with new Tune. I contact HD they want me to bring it to local HD dealer to use their tool, something wrong here.

Last edited by jasonvo; 02-25-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:33 PM
mdaniels
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm running into the same issue... just wondering if you got the update to work? Thanks.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM
David Vitta
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
This looks to be a problem with download of the program from HD.. Try downloading the program from HDs web site then installing by using "run as admin". Simply running Street tuner as admin may work also. Since the program installer sets up a link to access HD every time the program runs, your anti-virus software is likely blocking access.. I use Kaspersky anti virus and get a number of pop-ups from Kaspersky asking if the HD software should be allowrd to make changes. Your anti virus software may simply be blocking that access causing the install to fail..
It is actually the firewall setting which blocks these access. A few changes to the settings and updating the software will do it. Get it done from K7 Antivirus Customer Support if you need to. If you disable the advanced settings then it won't block the access most probably.