The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: FP3 Autotune confusion

Old 03-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Renoire
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Rocker B, that's really useful.

Incidentally, I have emailed VH, once a few days ago using the 'help' link on their site with no reply as yet, and then a little earlier today, but this time from within the app. Hope they might reply.

Thanks again, and meanwhile, if anybody knows how to copy the stock map to another slot, please can you let me know.

All the best

Old 03-27-2017, 05:52 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Renoire
Thanks Rocker B, that's really useful.

Incidentally, I have emailed VH, once a few days ago using the 'help' link on their site with no reply as yet, and then a little earlier today, but this time from within the app. Hope they might reply.

Thanks again, and meanwhile, if anybody knows how to copy the stock map to another slot, please can you let me know.

All the best
This is from playing in demo mode. Try it out sometime and you can get lots of warm fuzzies before messing with the bike.
Select an empty slot, long hold, and give the option to copy from any populated slots.

Attached Thumbnails FP3 Autotune confusion-screenshot_2017-03-27-17-49-32.png  

Last edited by GregGillette; 03-27-2017 at 05:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
silveradoman2 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
This is from playing in demo mode. Try it out sometime and you can get lots of warm fuzzies before messing with the bike.
Select an empty slot, long hold, and give the option to copy from any populated slots.
That's good to know, I also just tried it in demo mode. I'll just add that after you long press the available slot, you need to press what looks like 2 little boxes with writing in them, at the top right, and you'll see the list of your maps to copy from....

Last edited by Rocker B; 03-27-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Renoire
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to everyone that's contributed. I think I have it sussed now thanks to you, although some slight variation, maybe due to different versions?

To summarise:

On my version of the app (doesn't seem to reveal the version unless connected to bike, but I believe mine is the latest version, and in demo mode - you have to go through the routine of a simulated upload first) this is how to copy and delete maps:

1: Copying maps: In View/Edit Maps: Touch an empty slot. A dialog then appears asking you to select a map from a list of those already installed in slots. Choose a map, and it then uploads into the slot.

2: Deleting maps: Hit the bin symbol top-right. Any slots from 1 onwards with a map installed (map flashed to bike excluded) then show a red circle (like a British 'no entry' sign) next to them on the left. Select the one you want to delete, a message on the right then asks if you want to 'clear the slot'. Select this, and the slot is cleared. If the bin symbol is red, and you don't want to clear any (more) slots, hit the symbol again, and it turns white.

All so simple once you know!

Thanks again to all who helped.

Last edited by Renoire; 03-28-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:33 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

I finalized after every auto tune ride then rode for a while then auto tuned one more time about a 2 hour ride then finalized again. I have done this with two different maps stored in my FP3 I just haven't figured out what one I like best I have one set up for max power for riding 2 up I'm going to compare mpg if I did it right one should get better mpg than the other. I like being able to try different maps and store them in the same programmer. You can delete and add up to 5 maps I believe. Great product

Old 05-05-2017, 03:17 PM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

OP - did you end up applying a different map? Or run the autotune on the stock map? How did the bike run with the stock map after adding the slip-ons? I just ordered the rush slip-on's with the 1.75" baffle and wondering if I would benefit from the FP3 or not. Like you said in a previous post maybe the 1.75" baffle isn't far enough off from stock setup so the FP3 isn't needed. Anyways, I would like to hear your final outcome with the FP3 and the Rush slip-on's as I have the 110" motor as well.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

Use the kill switch to shut down the engine, when the app tells you to. It will ask you if you want to apply changes. Answer yes, then it will tell you to shut off your bike for 15 seconds after it flashes the map. It won't do it while the engine is running. If you use the ignition switch, the one that is keyed, it has to reconnect, and it checks for updates when it does. You don't want to do that if you are going to apply changes with an autotune.