The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Has anyone run a SE tuner on a stock engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:02 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

After you have the stock tune from the PV you can also copy/back it up to your computer.

I would just start with your stock tune and run auto tune basic several times. I would not waste time looking for a map someone else made on their motor with the same parts you want.

DynoJet does have stage 1 maps on their web site but Fuel Moto will be more helpful

I think I have done about 15 auto tune sessions so far. Just did a few more in the last week since it has warmed up now.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:08 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Gentlemen the difference in riding a well tuned bike against one that is not is both noticeable and pleasant, those that would disagree are missing out on one of the pleasures of riding, no matter if it's stock or modded a good tune will bring out the best in it, incompatible pieces added to a bike and tuned will still be less than stellar, get good advise based on what outcome you desire and live your dream, ride safe.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilly13
Gentlemen the difference in riding a well tuned bike against one that is not is both noticeable and pleasant, those that would disagree are missing out on one of the pleasures of riding, no matter if it's stock or modded a good tune will bring out the best in it, incompatible pieces added to a bike and tuned will still be less than stellar, get good advise based on what outcome you desire and live your dream, ride safe.
I totally agree, I'd rather have something that runs right above form ..... particularly a engine.
In Australia Suzuki sold a RG 400 it was a 4 cylinder 2 stroke and the only way Suzuki was able to sell it back home was to over gear the **** out of it so it would pass the 3 meter 100 kph ride by test,
Pass yes but extremely gutless in power and ride ability.
Suzuki used to have a " race " add-on gearing kit Front / Rear sprocket , air box and chain set to return the bike back to its original design , the 500 version never made it out the box it was shipped in TOO noisy
My point is you have to modify your bikes engine to get what the engineers had in mind when they made it.
Now I'm not talking straight out exhausts that just pisses people and kills engine torque, off but to have the motor breathe and run as it should that's where my heads at.
My 2 cents
Colin