The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: FP3 AutoTune Data Gather Fail

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:19 AM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts
Default FP3 AutoTune Data Gather Fail

Tried an autotune without applying or finishing to see if could get as much filled as possible. My AM short ride (across town, 30mph) populated some cells. Closed app. Verified cells before next ride, all there as earlier and closed app. Took 2 hour ride with many varied roads, grades, rpms and speed etc. Checked cells when done, nothing recorded or changed cells, only the same populated. My understanding is once in AT mode, as long as dont apply (clears cells data) or finish (flashes) it should continue to collect cells. What's up? Did my closing app while viewing cells leave the FP3 in some weird state? Do I need to apply after each ride (but then lose cell done view)? This is my first attempt at long data gather before finishing. I have done AT for a decent ride length and finished right after and that worked fine. I did an apply just to clear it out. Runs decent from a previous AT and since using that for this AT session, guess I could just ignore it for a couple weeks and review it then. Just trying to understand this process, has a few holes in the code yet or just user error (waiting the that manual we hear of)

Greg

Old 05-07-2017, 09:15 AM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm very new with FP3, auto tuning, and tuning in general. But my FP3 keeps bringing up it's "populated" cells every time I fire up when I leave it in auto tune mode as long as I don't "apply" changes between rides.

Are you getting completely blank charts when you shut down then fire back up, or just seeing the same cells populated every time around?

Old 05-07-2017, 11:47 AM
GregGillette
Road Master

Just saw the same populated cells that were there prior to long ride. The ride was good but hoped to use to tune. Felt like wasted time.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:02 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
Just saw the same populated cells that were there prior to long ride. The ride was good but hoped to use to tune. Felt like wasted time.
Did you actually hit those other cells while riding on the longer trip? From what I've seen, it didn't take long to fill cells that are in my "normal" riding envelope, but once you get those filled, to need to be pretty deliberate to hit other cells. For me, I fill up to about 3k RPM, and out to 70 or 80% throttle fairly easily because that's where I ride. But 3500 or 4000 rpm at, say 30% throttle might be harder to get.

I have my phone mounted on my fairing to monitor where I am real time, and it's still difficult.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:42 PM
GregGillette
Road Master

Originally Posted by dandrumheller
Did you actually hit those other cells while riding on the longer trip? From what I've seen, it didn't take long to fill cells that are in my "normal" riding envelope, but once you get those filled, to need to be pretty deliberate to hit other cells. For me, I fill up to about 3k RPM, and out to 70 or 80% throttle fairly easily because that's where I ride. But 3500 or 4000 rpm at, say 30% throttle might be harder to get.

I have my phone mounted on my fairing to monitor where I am real time, and it's still difficult.
My first early ride was 30mph across town. All low end cells stuff. Later ride was 2 hrs of 35 to 65 blasting through various rpms. Should have easily hit cells not done earlier. I was not real time monitoring that ride. I have done real time rides and know what you speak. No higher end cells marked, not even any orange ones

Last edited by GregGillette; 05-07-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:48 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGillette
My first early ride was 30mph across town. All low end cells stuff. Later ride was 2 hrs of 35 to 65 blasting through various rpms. Should have easily hit cells not done earlier. I was not real time monitoring that ride. I have done real time rides and know what you speak. No higher end cells marked, not even any orange ones
Did you ever get your FP 3 tuned ?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:12 PM
GregGillette
Road Master

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Did you ever get your FP 3 tuned ?
Yes, I waited til all the Bluetooth issues were solved then did an AT and worked fine this past weekend.