The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Help with 2006 Dyna Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Trench
Cruiser
Received 151 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Help with 2006 Dyna Power Vision

Hey guys,

So I have a 2006 Dyna with 88" and V&H Straight Shots and a SE air cleaner. I have a power vision and I'm running an auto tuned (basic NB) it runs pretty well.
My questions are these, and you'll see where I'm confused.

BUT...I know the 06 Dyna ECM runs a 141 Strategy and does not use Adaptive Fuel so will Target Tune work with this? If it will NOT work with the 141 Strategy, can I use a 176 Calibration instead? and IF SO...Can I use a 176 Calibration now without adding Target Tune and would there be any reason to do so??

I've tried a few different maps for my bike and after auto tuning they seem to run good, smooth and I'm happy with the results. Over time however the tune seems to lose some of its smoothness and the exhaust sound changes as well. I wonder if having 141 Calibration with no AFF is the cause of this, and if I was to gain AFF with a 176 Cal if it might "hold" the tune longer?
Would switching to a 176 Cal for an 07 Dyna with a 96" engine and changing the engine size and whatever down to my specs get me a better cal and maybe a better tune?

Sorry if my wording on this is confusing...I guess my ultimate question is, can I expect the seemingly miraculous benefits of Target Tune with this red-headed bastard 2006 one-year special Dyna?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!

Edited to add: I have good NB 02 sensor placement, I have no problem with the NB sensors coming online or staying online during auto tune runs and the VE tables seem to make sense I guess..the bike is really nice, low miles and I've done all the other weird 06 Dyna fixes already..IPB, SE Comp, 25 Degree injectors etc. I'd really like to nail down the tune and be done!