The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: TTS & M8 Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 01:32 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts
Default TTS & M8 Warranty

Well I went and traded for a 17SGS and would like to use TTS to tune it but I'm worried about the warranty thing.

If you flash back to stock cal can HD see that it was flashed with a non epa tune and void the warranty? This thing is freekin hot, hotter than my 15 for sure so using the SE pro street tuner would be useless for heat management.

Love the bike, going to put cvo cans with fulsac cores and really want to use TTS.

Thanks Guys!!!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,426 Likes on 1,573 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster
Well I went and traded for a 17SGS and would like to use TTS to tune it but I'm worried about the warranty thing.

If you flash back to stock cal can HD see that it was flashed with a non epa tune and void the warranty? This thing is freekin hot, hotter than my 15 for sure so using the SE pro street tuner would be useless for heat management.

Love the bike, going to put cvo cans with fulsac cores and really want to use TTS.

Thanks Guys!!!

As long as you save your STOCK ECM, your good to go if you return it back into the ECM.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 AM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

Hey Steve- is this the answer? Buy an extra ECM and do whatever you want, then if problem, return everything to stock and reinstall original ECM?

Old 07-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by LoneRiderFLH
Hey Steve- is this the answer? Buy an extra ECM and do whatever you want, then if problem, return everything to stock and reinstall original ECM?

You can do it that way as well if you like. The trouble is that as time goes on HD can and does make changes. To-date Mastertune when removed leaves nothing behind to find, as long as you saved the stock ECM first. Many people seem to lose things and then call and ask what can we do. At that point if you had a extra ECM done to start with, all you would need to do is swap it in, but if you lose it before you need it, its no different. So its all up to you to save and not lose things.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,208 Likes on 941 Posts

I was told by Harley..not sure how true...that the ECM will remember how many times it has been flashed and that they could use this to void the warranty.

If you are concerned about the warranty....leave the bike alone until the warranty is over

Old 03-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Jeffs386
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I already have a stage 3 dealer installed and the ecm has been flashed several times with a SEST...so if I go with TTS and keep a copy of the current download will I be ok?

Old 03-31-2019, 04:38 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

If you have a "Street Tuner" installed now and you use the Mastertune product it will return it to that. With the latest update at dealerships if they plug into your bike without you returning to Original they may catch it, but if you put the Original in it that is what they will see.

The following users liked this post:
HogEye68 (03-31-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Dysfunctional
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
If you have a "Street Tuner" installed now and you use the Mastertune product it will return it to that. With the latest update at dealerships if they plug into your bike without you returning to Original they may catch it, but if you put the Original in it that is what they will see.

Is this still the case. Dealer told me they could tell if you flashed back or down from a non Harley tuner. But I feel they were lying or don't actually know. Trying to see if this is an option.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by Dysfunctional
Is this still the case. Dealer told me they could tell if you flashed back or down from a non Harley tuner. But I feel they were lying or don't actually know. Trying to see if this is an option.
As far as we know with a TTS unit, no they cannot tell, As long as they were not allowed to plug into the bike until AFTER the original MTE was flashed into the bike. This is not true with all aftermarket units however.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Dysfunctional
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
As far as we know with a TTS unit, no they cannot tell, As long as they were not allowed to plug into the bike until AFTER the original MTE was flashed into the bike. This is not true with all aftermarket units however.
Thanks Steve,

I have a 20' ultra with a stage IV 117 build. Feel like there is quite a bit left on the table

Quick Reply: TTS: TTS & M8 Warranty