TTS TTS & M8 Warranty - Harley Davidson Forums

The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS & M8 Warranty

P

Old 07-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Road Warrior
Default TTS & M8 Warranty

Well I went and traded for a 17SGS and would like to use TTS to tune it but I'm worried about the warranty thing.

If you flash back to stock cal can HD see that it was flashed with a non epa tune and void the warranty? This thing is freekin hot, hotter than my 15 for sure so using the SE pro street tuner would be useless for heat management.

Love the bike, going to put cvo cans with fulsac cores and really want to use TTS.

Thanks Guys!!!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Product Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchmaster View Post
Well I went and traded for a 17SGS and would like to use TTS to tune it but I'm worried about the warranty thing.

If you flash back to stock cal can HD see that it was flashed with a non epa tune and void the warranty? This thing is freekin hot, hotter than my 15 for sure so using the SE pro street tuner would be useless for heat management.

Love the bike, going to put cvo cans with fulsac cores and really want to use TTS.

Thanks Guys!!!

As long as you save your STOCK ECM, your good to go if you return it back into the ECM.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 AM
Road Master

Hey Steve- is this the answer? Buy an extra ECM and do whatever you want, then if problem, return everything to stock and reinstall original ECM?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Product Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRiderFLH View Post
Hey Steve- is this the answer? Buy an extra ECM and do whatever you want, then if problem, return everything to stock and reinstall original ECM?

You can do it that way as well if you like. The trouble is that as time goes on HD can and does make changes. To-date Mastertune when removed leaves nothing behind to find, as long as you saved the stock ECM first. Many people seem to lose things and then call and ask what can we do. At that point if you had a extra ECM done to start with, all you would need to do is swap it in, but if you lose it before you need it, its no different. So its all up to you to save and not lose things.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Road Warrior

I was told by Harley..not sure how true...that the ECM will remember how many times it has been flashed and that they could use this to void the warranty.

If you are concerned about the warranty....leave the bike alone until the warranty is over

P