The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power vision auto tune basic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 03:07 PM
ahern25
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Power vision auto tune basic

Sorry if this has been addressed already but cant seem to find an answer. I have just installed a power vision from fuel moto. Got the fuel moto map downloaded on to bike. Question is regarding the tables of AFR.

I see that the tables for AFR are set to 14.6 for most cells. Question is when I start auto tune basic do I leave this alone? If I change the values any lower will it try to tune it to that AFR or will it automaticly tune at 14.6 because of the stock o2 sensors? Just trying to get the most out of auto tune basic before moving on to auto tune pro. I looked at the VE tables but that might as well be in a different language cause I have no clue what im looking at. Just need to know what to set my tables at to get a good tune for the moment. Main goal is cool running bike with power at the throttle.

Bike is a 2009 roadking with slip ons and stage 1 cleaner. Basic bike. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:20 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

When you successfully get the ECM into Auto Tune mode it will alter the tables that need to be changed for tuning.then, after you collect the appropriate data, develops the new calibration, reinstall the calibration with auto tune disabled.
There is plenty of printed explanations and instructions for PV auto tuning. Study up and you
will have a much better chance of successfully street tuning your bike.
As you will soon find, there is a hell of a lot more to it besides modifying the default AFR table as it's fine as is.
Bob

Old 08-25-2017, 04:25 PM
ahern25
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok, so I will just leave all the tables as fuel moto sent it and just do basic tune. Then reflash all the changes and reset the fuel trims with every flash. Just trying to understand this thing. So what gauge does this thing tune too? Does it just take it to the capacity of the stock o2 sensor and it adjust to that? Is there a magic number it has built into it? And where in the WIN-PV system can I see the changes and compare?

Old 08-26-2017, 06:47 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

Once you have run the Auto Tune, you will save the changes to a tune on the PV and flash it to the ECM.

You can then connect the PV to you computer and Under the PowerVision menu in WINPV you can "get tune from PowerVision". Then save the tune to the computer with a descriptive file name. You can then choose "load Compare" and select your Stock tune, WinPV will show you the differences in the VE Tables when you select "delta" on the menu.

DynoJet Guides

AutoTune- http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...utoTune.02.pdf

WinPV- http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...8100016.08.pdf

Last edited by shanneba; 08-26-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by ahern25
Sorry if this has been addressed already but cant seem to find an answer. I have just installed a power vision from fuel moto. Got the fuel moto map downloaded on to bike. Question is regarding the tables of AFR.

I see that the tables for AFR are set to 14.6 for most cells. Question is when I start auto tune basic do I leave this alone? If I change the values any lower will it try to tune it to that AFR or will it automaticly tune at 14.6 because of the stock o2 sensors? Just trying to get the most out of auto tune basic before moving on to auto tune pro. I looked at the VE tables but that might as well be in a different language cause I have no clue what im looking at. Just need to know what to set my tables at to get a good tune for the moment. Main goal is cool running bike with power at the throttle.

Bike is a 2009 roadking with slip ons and stage 1 cleaner. Basic bike. Thanks for any help.
You sure about this? I don't think I've ever gotten a custom tune from Fuelmoto that has anything at 14.6?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

14.6 in the target AFR table is just telling the ECM where to run closed loop. CLB tables is where you actually set target AFR for that CL area.