The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Dyno cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Exclamation Dyno cost

Just want to make sure its true as I'm new to this, just had a hillside 107 build done, the tuner said its 595$ to dyno and it takes all day, maybe a day and a half? does this sound right, he's reputable, Scott from hillside knows him, just seemed expensive, and time consuming, but if he REALLY IS SPENDING THAT MUCH TIME ON THE TUNE IM SURE ITS KILLER!!!!! thanks guys, wanna make sure before I pull the trigger
also power vision, or the ORANGE PRO RACE TUNERS, yes I can get them.....thanks

I have a 2008 rocker c , around 4k miles...thanks, plan on switching to D&D Lowcat 2-1 first!!!!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:32 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I paid 450

Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I paid 450
and he says his price is going up,LOL, so he says!!!! I ordered a power vision and target tune today from fuel Moto, maybe I wont get every inch of power, but I'm not done with all mods, and every time I do something I don't wanna pay 600 plus to dial it in...seemed like a perfect combo for me....I have a hillside 107 build..

Old 09-13-2017, 07:45 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
and he says his price is going up,LOL, so he says!!!! I ordered a power vision and target tune today from fuel Moto, maybe I wont get every inch of power, but I'm not done with all mods, and every time I do something I don't wanna pay 600 plus to dial it in...seemed like a perfect combo for me....I have a hillside 107 build..
Why didn't you have Hillside tune it since they built it?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:42 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

4 hours away, I had it disassembled and sent there, and back to me...I wish they did, I wouldn't be in all. the trouble I'm in NOW!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:45 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

You buy products from the internet store. Take them to the tuner that you didn't buy them from. Take his opportunity away from making that money or to price match. Then wonder why tuning prices have went up equal to the price of buying a tuner and a tune from the guy. The greed comes from the dyno guy with all the over head and not the internet guy undercutting and removing the integrity from the industry. But hey, you got a smoking deal and willing to sacrifice the quality of the tune. Sounds great.

The following users liked this post:
Wide Open Cycles (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 02:58 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
You buy products from the internet store. Take them to the tuner that you didn't buy them from. Take his opportunity away from making that money or to price match. Then wonder why tuning prices have went up equal to the price of buying a tuner and a tune from the guy. The greed comes from the dyno guy with all the over head and not the internet guy undercutting and removing the integrity from the industry. But hey, you got a smoking deal and willing to sacrifice the quality of the tune. Sounds great.
who buys what from a internet store, hillside motorcycles is a sponsor here and a well respected engine builder, the guy who assembled/disassembled, can't bore or do cylinder work, I have no clue what YOUR talking about, neither do YOU!

Old 09-15-2017, 03:00 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
you buy products from the internet store. Take them to the tuner that you didn't buy them from. Take his opportunity away from making that money or to price match. Then wonder why tuning prices have went up equal to the price of buying a tuner and a tune from the guy. The greed comes from the dyno guy with all the over head and not the internet guy undercutting and removing the integrity from the industry. But hey, you got a smoking deal and willing to sacrifice the quality of the tune. Sounds great.
and the orange tuner is the dyno guy?>read pal..../.or get hooked on phonics...lol

Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
4 hours away, I had it disassembled and sent there, and back to me...I wish they did, I wouldn't be in all. the trouble I'm in NOW!!!
So are you going to use the PV/TT that you bought from FM and self tune it or are you going to take it with the PV/TT to a dyno shop?

Old 09-16-2017, 11:42 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

i charge bewtween 400 and 600 depending on the bike, the build and the tuning product used. Misc dyno time or carb tuning @100per hour. To do a really good tune on an injected bike with a PV or TTS or the like on a big motor build it takes time to get all the variables to be the best they can be and have a bike that runs well on the road without any issues and have a happy customer. I routinely spend more time than I charge for because I value my rep as a tech/tuner. If I turn out bikes that don't run well, I wont get new or repeat business, so I lose. I try to do the best I can to communicate with the customer to make sure that the goals are realistic and achievable while talking about the job and costs involved.
All that said, for me it takes much less time to build a PC3 or 5 tune than it does for a SERT, TTS,PV becasue off all the things you have access to with those products vs the others. Hope that helps.
m

Quick Reply: HARLEY: Dyno cost