The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power vision help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 01:42 PM
Kazu Hiro
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Power vision help

Originally posted in another forum efore I saw the sticky:

Aloha from Hawai‘i. I have a 06 Softail Deluxe that the previous owner has modified. While it runs ok, there is a spot in the lower 1/3 of the RPMs and at part throttle (think daily riding, commuting, traffic) where it’s as if the motor cuts out completely for a second. Completely silence, cut out, always in the same spot of the RPMs and normally where I want to be while cruising around. There is also small puffs (not full on backfires) during deceleration, this is a minor annoyance compared to the dead spot.

The current mods to the bike are:

Sampson True Duals w/ 33” Baffled Long tails
K&N filter on stock base w/ stock football cover
S&S 585 gear drive cams
Dynojet Power Vision w/o wideband sensors

I plan to purchase the wideband sensors if need be as the exhaust has the o2 bungs but have been told that autotune may not be able to fix this problem. I’m also thinking of buying the speedo/tach combo gauge to help figure out exactly where the miss occurs. I know the best way would be to dyno tune but being new to Harley’s I’m not sure there is a dyno on island and even there is a person capable of creating maps. The previous owner said he would just throttle through and ride in a lower gear/higher RPM. If I hit the throttle harder then there isn’t an issue but if it can be fixed it would be a better riding experience. Any suggestions would be helpful, should I try to run the basic autotune? Will replacing the air cleaner with something that has better flow help? Is it the cam install messing with the set up? Opinions of if the widebands would correct my issues?

Old 11-04-2017, 06:56 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

No need to buy the Tach/Speedo, you can mount the Vision on your bars and monitor them through it.