The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Upgrade to widebands with PV-1 or switch systems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:46 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Bob

Wouldn't the same thing happen if the wiring for the injectors were reversed?

Don't ask me how I know this.
Yes, having the injector plugs swapped can cause the same effect; Closed loop drives fuel correction to the opposite cylinder. This is immediately apparent once the motor falls into closed loop and CLI starts rolling but gets even worse as adaptive fuel is populated. Many times it will also cause a skip as the ECM kick's in & out of closed loop if it's pegging the Min/Max learn rates.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-03-2017, 12:53 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

For reference this is snapshot from a log from a customers bike that had the O2 sensors reversed. Note the CLI (short term fuel) is inversely proportional front to rear

Upgrade to widebands with PV-1 or switch systems?-ul0xjjl.jpg

Last edited by fuelmoto; 11-03-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Kazu Hiro
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I will look up how to save the current maps as well as save any logs. I will also put in a request at Fuel Moto for the map. For some reason I was under the impression that service wasn’t available if I didn’t buy a cam from you. I have watched a couple of your YouTube vids on how to do load maps and such. I will wait to install the wideband kit until I get a map from you just Incase it turns out it won’t work out and I need to return it. I’m crossing fingers at this point.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Kazu Hiro
Cruiser

Update: after several unplug/plug back in attempts it is now working and I have just uploaded all the updates. if the weather holds I will attempt a few map swaps and test rides.

Ok i just tried to connect my power vision to my pc to save all the maps currently on it. It connects and says recovery mode. I tried the update client and it says no power vision connected. The only tab that works is the recover tab but that will erase all content on my power vision! What should I do? I have put in a request for a map from Fuel Moto so assuming their map is closer then the maps that are already loaded having an empty power vision won't be a bad thing but should I wait until I get the map emailed before doing anything with the PV or bike? I was planning on swapping maps today to see how it ran with others flashed in vs the one now. HELP!

Last edited by Kazu Hiro; 11-03-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,415 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Originally Posted by Kazu Hiro
I will look up how to save the current maps as well as save any logs. I will also put in a request at Fuel Moto for the map. For some reason I was under the impression that service wasn’t available if I didn’t buy a cam from you. I have watched a couple of your YouTube vids on how to do load maps and such. I will wait to install the wideband kit until I get a map from you just Incase it turns out it won’t work out and I need to return it. I’m crossing fingers at this point.
Since your biike is not equipped with O2 sensors Auto-Tune basic is not going to work. What is the cost involved in shipping the bike back to the main land? It maybe cheaper to fly a qualified tuner over to you. He gets a little vacation and tunes a bike, might be a win win deal.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Kazu Hiro
Cruiser

Here’s another update to this saga:

after talking with dynojet, I got a map sent to me that is for my motor with my cams. When I tried to send it to the power vision, the unit bricked. Repeated recovery attempts all failed to get it back online. There seems to be some internal connectivity issue and it will only connect in recovery mode. I’m awaiting a RA# as I’m writing this. Hopefully it will be back in a week or two, if they can even fix it. I’m almost thinking this is the time to switch systems or to just buy a new PV since Fuel Moto has it on sale and I can get it shipped to my door by next week. Provided the new map sent by dynojet is close, I can install the autotune/wideband kit and finally have a good running bike...maybe....any thoughts?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Kazu Hiro
Cruiser

End to the saga. I finally got my PV to work, it reset everything to fresh out the box, I uploaded the map that Dynojet sent me and a map the Fuel Moto sent me. Loaded the Dynojet map first and right away I could tell it ran better. No cutting out, smooth all around. The only thing was that there was a weird situation where the idle would raise about 30 seconds after starting up (all the time, hot or cold) and stay that way for about a minute. Decided to try the Fuel Moto map instead of trying to adjust, the FM map had more power, no weird idle issues, there is only decal pop that I can tune out with the quick tune feature as soon as I get the chance. All in all satisfied at this point, bike runs great, and now I just have to wait on the weather! Thanks for the help guys and Thanks to Fuel Moto for reaching out to me AND creating a map for me!