The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Fp3 wideband

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 03:55 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by toddskill
That's what it sounds like, but I have found it's a crapshoot what information you get emailing these big companies. If it is only available to shops I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Most tuners are probably not going to waste time learning a new device when they are all used to powervision. If it is not available to the public I will be switching to a powervision and target tune over the winter as I plan on opening the motor up and I dont want to mess with emailing maps back and forth with V&H. I will say though that overall I have been happy with the FP3 for what it is, I just didnt originally plan on going into the motor when I bought it.
well said and completely agree..the diplomatic email replies from such companies rarely have any traction. Shooting themselves in the foot is right, besides any wideband module kit should be in the bike all the time for it to convey the data(voltage read) to the ECM so it can accurately correct the fueling across the range for an AFR table of any given map (dyno shop built or not) so im sure its a public release.

A fuel tuner is the first thing one should buy, even for a stock motorcycle(i did)..The FP3 in this case is good and when u dig a little deeper the shortcomings are obvious, but it's when u use the Power Vision and mainly its software(WinPv) u realize how great the DynoJet environment is, no wonder the tuner shops love it.. Anywho hope the V&H team are doing their best to improve their product and software environment

In the mean time I'll be working on my sporty suspension tweaking and other stuff to make it more comfortable. Will wait a year or two for the M8's kinks to get ironed out, pull the trigger on a softail and go full bore with the PV and target tune. Cheers

Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM
toddskill
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Well I got ahold of V&H again today. It was released with basically no mention of it anywhere. It's not on the website you have to call to order it, price is $599

Old 09-25-2018, 02:35 PM
4xpuller
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-25-2018, 05:32 PM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by 4xpuller

guess I caught them just before they put it up.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:27 AM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

the kit is only for the dealers and the tuner shops apparently??..guess i was wrong abt the public release, and the email i got a month ago from cheyne @ V&H..he said that they had to make a decision to release it only for the CAN-bus systems for now..after all this i lost interest totally..what do you guys think

Old 01-30-2019, 02:27 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Hey everyone!

Thought I would pop in and clear up a few things for the Fuelpak Pro, and answer any and all questions you may have:

-Fuelpak Pro is a tool that was designed to be used on a dyno, but I did extensive testing and R&D for it on the road as well. A full AutoTune table can be mapped in about 15 minutes on the dyno, and roughly 30-40 minutes out on the road.
-It has both a dealer and retail cost, so it is capable of being sold to the end user. However, only dealerships and indy shops will gain access to the Dealer Tools menu through the app, and the cloud-based dealer server to store, edit, and download maps remotely.
-Our Outside Sales Director and I have been touring it around the country extensively over the past few months, doing hands on dyno demonstrations, and have trained over 100 dealers/shops to date.
-I was at the Tucker Show this past week in TX answering dealer questions, and will be doing the same at NVP in KY next month if anyone wants to stop by and pick my brain.

I'll be continuing to take the product to dealers across the country for training, will be helping out the trucks at the various rally locations this coming season, and we're going to start doing #FuelpakFriday on social media to answer questions, give tips and tricks, and showcase new app features or development currently in the works. My next few days will be spent helping out our Testing department get some mapping done on our '19 FLHRS so that we'll have some more 114" air-cooled FP3 maps available.

Bryan
Brand Manager, Electronics

Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 PM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by vanceandhines
Hey everyone!

Thought I would pop in and clear up a few things for the Fuelpak Pro, and answer any and all questions you may have:

-Fuelpak Pro is a tool that was designed to be used on a dyno, but I did extensive testing and R&D for it on the road as well. A full AutoTune table can be mapped in about 15 minutes on the dyno, and roughly 30-40 minutes out on the road.
-It has both a dealer and retail cost, so it is capable of being sold to the end user. However, only dealerships and indy shops will gain access to the Dealer Tools menu through the app, and the cloud-based dealer server to store, edit, and download maps remotely.
-Our Outside Sales Director and I have been touring it around the country extensively over the past few months, doing hands on dyno demonstrations, and have trained over 100 dealers/shops to date.
-I was at the Tucker Show this past week in TX answering dealer questions, and will be doing the same at NVP in KY next month if anyone wants to stop by and pick my brain.

I'll be continuing to take the product to dealers across the country for training, will be helping out the trucks at the various rally locations this coming season, and we're going to start doing #FuelpakFriday on social media to answer questions, give tips and tricks, and showcase new app features or development currently in the works. My next few days will be spent helping out our Testing department get some mapping done on our '19 FLHRS so that we'll have some more 114" air-cooled FP3 maps available.

Bryan
Thanks for the info

Old 02-01-2019, 02:27 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for the info
Glad to help and answer any questions you guys might have about the product!

Bryan

Old 02-02-2019, 12:12 AM
XWFONinja
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the info
Bryan,
Thank you for all the great info. I am a huge fan of the FP3. I am very interested in the wide band tuning option and was hoping that it would be available to us non-dealers. So how would I go about purchasing the wide band system as a 'end user'? I checked on your website, but didn't see anything for that option. Did I miss it?
Thank you

Old 02-02-2019, 07:36 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Is there ever going to be an option so I can use my dyno computer while tuning and changing things in the calibration? Pretty silly to be using
my phone when I have over $1000 in a dyno computer that has multiple screens. I also have to assume a rs232 or usb will be able to get data out of the ECM faster than a blue tooth connection.

Quick Reply: Other Devices: Fp3 wideband