The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Fp3 wideband

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,730 Likes on 2,396 Posts

Looks to me all that is required is port the app to a pc program which would allow Bluetooth from the pc to fp3 and add the dealer login to the server.

Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 03-21-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 AM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

Firstly, I love all of the Jokers...Jack Nicholson, Mark Hammil, Heath Ledger, Jared Leto, and I'm excited to see Joaquin Phoenix's take on the iconic character.
Legends aside and leto's short lived weird joker. Heath Ledger's portrayal was a master class in acting (wish he was alive when he won the Oscar)..I'm actually waiting to see who's gonna be the new Batman.

I just tested and confirmed the bug, and filed a bug report to the team in order to get this fixed. My request to the team in an initiatives email included the camshaft thing, and I requested it be sorted automatically by VIN designation...need to follow up on this.
Cool..and plz plz dont forget the missing options thingy between MY's as well..i need my options Bryan, plz fix it (thats 3 times i used the word plz..damn 4 now)

having been touring the unit around for the past 6 months..
Hypothetical situation time..., which would you do?
Going with the task full bore i see....And yea agreed

Customer retention and happiness is number one...always.
Yeaya..that means we're getting the PC software then .......Oh wait a minute, u are laughing like the Joker at this aren't you Bryan. No wonder ur wife thinks u have so many tools

I don't know man, I've seen the length of your posts and you seem fairly patient.
Touché..that makes two of us(with ur longs replys as well)..but hey "genius is eternal patience" - Michelangelo

As always waiting on the updates and improvements. God speed Bryan.

P.s
See how i shortened the post

Old 04-09-2019, 08:30 AM
aswracing
Road Captain
Received 520 Likes on 260 Posts

As the owner of an unnamed shop that sells a lot of tuners and provides a lot of tunes to customers, I can tell you there's no way in Hades we're going to sign up for a cloud based digital marketplace method of managing and distributing tunes, run by a vendor of tuners. It's not going to happen.

This is V&H's business model, to make all tunes go through them. They want control of the whole tune ecosystem and a copy of everyone's tune and to know exactly what tune is in everyone's bike at any given time. The FP3 has been that way from it's inception. I get that. But it puts a real bad taste in my mouth. There's no reason at all for it to be that way except to give profit and control to V&H.

The Dynojet model of doing business is the one that makes sense to me. With the WinPV app we're free to generate tunes, modify them on a PC to our heart's content, save them locally, email them to customers, they can modify them, flash them, do whatever they want with them. What we're doing with our tunes is between us and our customers.

So V&H can go off and do things with them in control of everyone's tunes if that's what they want to do. But we won't be participating.

The following users liked this post:
HotRod917 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 12:49 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Old 04-23-2019, 11:08 AM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by aswracing
As the owner of an unnamed shop that sells a lot of tuners and provides a lot of tunes to customers, I can tell you there's no way in Hades we're going to sign up for a cloud based digital marketplace method of managing and distributing tunes, run by a vendor of tuners. It's not going to happen.

This is V&H's business model, to make all tunes go through them. They want control of the whole tune ecosystem and a copy of everyone's tune and to know exactly what tune is in everyone's bike at any given time. The FP3 has been that way from it's inception. I get that. But it puts a real bad taste in my mouth. There's no reason at all for it to be that way except to give profit and control to V&H.

The Dynojet model of doing business is the one that makes sense to me. With the WinPV app we're free to generate tunes, modify them on a PC to our heart's content, save them locally, email them to customers, they can modify them, flash them, do whatever they want with them. What we're doing with our tunes is between us and our customers.

So V&H can go off and do things with them in control of everyone's tunes if that's what they want to do. But we won't be participating.
I totally understand that you could feel this way. All a bit too big brother for your comfort level, I get it.

I will be fully transparent though and state that we are offering the Dealer Server, storage, and maintenance completely free of charge. We incur all of the IT costs for the system, and you are never charged for downloading a map into anyone's bike, or using your maps the same way that you do now. Outside of seeing a total list of uploaded maps through my admin portal, which I'm only one of two people who even have access, I can't see what VIN the map has been flashed into, so it's fully confidential in that sense.

The entire system functions identically to a local filing system, including the ability to download the .map files and store them locally if you choose. The main difference is that we will be offering an online map marketplace of sorts in the future for you to be able to sell your maps worldwide, but that is entirely opt-in of course. Were you to never configure your files to be put onto the marketplace, it would be business as usual...save for the fact that you could access your maps from any location on the planet at any time, all from the phone in your pocket.

Bryan
Brand Manager, Electronics

Old 04-27-2019, 04:09 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior

Hi Bryan, assuming u have read my previous post..when are the fixes for the aforementioned issue of missing options coming. If you were a customer, would this be acceptable to you?? Going on 2 years, bringing it to ur attention and still waiting?

Is anything being done to address this issue Bryan? And does ur team even intend on fixing this basic functionality. I really don't understand what is going on at V&H. Why aren't you fixing this, why is it taking years and how can u guys not know about It?????? cos on any level, this is just ridiculously unacceptable.

Totally pissed off today cos I've known the fixes for what my sporty is doing, but my Fp3 doesn't give me the basic options to do so. And the manufacturer V&H on the other hand isn't fixing things for the past 2 years. Again Bryan tell me, if you were a customer as an American citizen would this kinda stuff qualify for a lawsuit.

how can u allocate time and resources to develop a new GUI..but ignore the flaws in the basic structure of ur software is beyond me. Request you to take immediate action or reply if it can't happen, I can at least move on to a Power Vision..taking that my patience and efforts to improve the Fp3 are in vain. Thanks Bryan

Yours Respectfully
HR917