The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision with Target Tune issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 07:45 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Power Vision with Target Tune issue

So, loaded a non-Target Tune MAP into the bike. Installed the Target Tune module using the 72 inch Can Cable and keeping the Narrow Bands installed and connected. With the exception of connecting the TT plugs into the factory O2 sensor connectors (because the factory O2 sensors are using them) everything is connected.

Start the bike up and select gauges and the wide bands are dancing around 11.5. The desired AFR is showing blank. Shut the bike off and enable auto tune (auto tune pro selected). Map loads, waited the 10 seconds, and restarted the bike. Go back to gauges and have the same result.

The understanding that I had is that the Target Tune can be used as an Auto Tune Pro. What am I doing wrong? I don’t want the Target Tune permanently installed on this bike. The Map that I’m using was sent for this exact setup so, while it may be a bit off, it shouldn’t be 3 points off on the AFR at all throttle settings, warm up, and full hot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by cmashark; 04-20-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 AM
KR57
Road Master
Received 1,592 Likes on 395 Posts

Looks like you need a target tune map and wideband sensors for the target tune to work correctly.
Also, you need the widebands installed to use the autotune pro feature.

Do you have the wideband sensors?
Have you tried disconnecting the target tune to see if your gauges work correctly?

Here's some info from Dynojet

Target tune install instructions download:
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...8200071.03.pdf

TARGET TUNE FEATURES

Dynojet’s new Target Tune is an exciting new product that can add a new dimension to your Harley-Davidson® ECM. When paired with a Target Tune specific calibration flashed by a Power Vision, your ECM will run closed loop fuel control based on wideband O2 sensors. The Power Vision delivered calibration changes the coding in the ECM to “understand” the wideband signal (from Target Tune) and allows the ECM to accurately achieve the target AFR.

How can I turn off Target Tune?
You can load a tune that doesn’t have Target Tune enabled, or you can use Quick Tune to turn off closed loop.

Power Vision FAQs

Can I use the Target Tune module for the AutoTune process?
Yes, the Target Tune module will work for the AutoTune function. Be sure to select the correct mode, “Dynojet Target Tune Wideband Kit” when starting an Autotune session.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:28 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by KR57
Looks like you need a target tune map and wideband sensors for the target tune to work correctly.
Also, you need the widebands installed to use the autotune pro feature.

Wide bands were installed.

Do you have the wideband sensors?

yes
Have you tried disconnecting the target tune to see if your gauges work correctly?

yes, but you lose the AFR reading from them and the desired AFR was still blank.

Here's some info from Dynojet

They don’t address this way of using the TT.

Target tune install instructions download:
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...8200071.03.pdf
my replies are in bold above.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:34 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

This is what I’m trying to do (see pic). Maybe after this holiday weekend, Jamie or someone else that knows the ins and outs of the PV and TT will post up.

For now, I have converted the MAP to a TT enabled MAP and all my observed AFR’s appear to be very close. I guess I could use the TT auto-tune feature to reel this in a bit closer, then apply the changes to the non-TT MAP so I can remove the TT. Kinda sucks though. I’d like to datalog the non-TT MAP with widebands to verify how close the MAP is under real world conditions before I remove the TT module and sensors.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:03 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Your ECU uses a Lambda based calibration, you cannot view desired AFR you need to view desired Lambda which is a native channel on CANbus bikes. You can indeed also use your TT module as a Auto Tune Pro if you have the 72" CAN cable plugged from the module to your PV device. If you would like a quick rundown on how to do this you can give me a call at 920-423-3309

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Your ECU uses a Lambda based calibration, you cannot view desired AFR you need to view desired Lambda which is a native channel on CANbus bikes. You can indeed also use your TT module as a Auto Tune Pro if you have the 72" CAN cable plugged from the module to your PV device. If you would like a quick rundown on how to do this you can give me a call at 920-423-3309
Thanks Jamie! Learned something new. I’ll give y'all a call tomorrow.