The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

No Device: WARNING TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: FuelPak FP3 forever married!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 01:52 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

the original vigilante devices were that way.. once married they were married. those units were phased out some time ago.

the newer units are just as tc88hog describes. You can marry it, but as long as you return that bike to stock map, then you can take the tuner and move to another bike with it.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:19 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
the original vigilante devices were that way.. once married they were married. those units were phased out some time ago.

the newer units are just as tc88hog describes. You can marry it, but as long as you return that bike to stock map, then you can take the tuner and move to another bike with it.
Yep, I used it on my '13 Fatboy Lo, returned it stock, and now using it on my 15 SGS.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Harleyridr
Stage II
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

warranty can kiss my A--, no body is touching my Harley, no tech good enough other than me for my Harley, to many experiences with having to redo what the "certified Harley tech" did, plus there gonna do what they can to not pay for warranty anyway... end of discussion...

The following users liked this post:
Robertashby (03-19-2021)
Old 05-09-2016, 07:33 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyridr
warranty can kiss my A--, no body is touching my Harley, no tech good enough other than me for my Harley, to many experiences with having to redo what the "certified Harley tech" did, plus there gonna do what they can to not pay for warranty anyway... end of discussion...
So if you have a crank shift, you're just going to suck it up and pay repair it out of your pocket. IMO, kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

The following 2 users liked this post by msocko3:
Hard Ride (10-07-2016), Robertashby (03-19-2021)
Old 05-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Harleyridr
Stage II
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I pay and I FIX IT, I only trust myself to touch MY Harley... Got all the tools, special tools etc... Been there to many times and heard to many story's about that highly qualified HD Tech... not happenin...

Robertashby (03-19-2021)
Old 05-09-2016, 09:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by msocko3
So if you have a crank shift, you're just going to suck it up and pay repair it out of your pocket. IMO, kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face.
I'm the same way. When I buy a bike, dealer will never see it again unless I'm trading it in. If I shift a crank, then it's because of something i did myself so I suck it up, yes sir.

Originally Posted by Harleyridr
Yep, I pay and I FIX IT, I only trust myself to touch MY Harley... Got all the tools, special tools etc... Been there to many times and heard to many story's about that highly qualified HD Tech... not happenin...
sounds to me like you've been bitten. I haven't but I do agree. I trust no one to touch my bikes.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:19 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

A used Power Vision will still log any bike after it has been married to the original bike. That is far from useless.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
A used Power Vision will still log any bike after it has been married to the original bike. That is far from useless.
and so will used TTS devices as well as Screamin Eagle and Direct Link used devices. The only flash tuner out there that doesn't to my knowledge is that thing from SuperChips.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:30 PM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was trying to read a check engine light on a friend's bike using my married fp3 but it wouldn't connent. Anyone know how to do this as per V&H regulations?

How many motorcycles can I tune with my FP3?

Answer: Each bike you tune will require a different FP3. The FP3 will “marry” to your VIN when you flash a map to it the first time. After that, the FP3 will not be able to flash any other bike. You can still use it to read diagnostic trouble codes or display live data on any CAN bus equipped Harley.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Derf_
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002flstc
I knew there was a reason I kept my carbureted bike... much cheaper to change a jet.
Cheaper but thats like a shitty tuner. Or xieds. Can only add the same at every rpm/throttle range. Yeah, that better if you like a shitty tune.

Robertashby (03-19-2021)

Quick Reply: No Device: WARNING TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: FuelPak FP3 forever married!!!