The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

No Device: WARNING TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: FuelPak FP3 forever married!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Yo Nadz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation WARNING TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: FuelPak FP3 forever married!!!

I found out the hard way. Purchased a FP3 a couple months ago. It works great and was exactly what I needed until I decided to take my build a little further. My plans were to flash my bike back to stock which I thought would "unmarry" it and sell the FP3 for some money towards the Power Vision tuner. Well, that can't be done. Call FuelPak and they confirmed. Once the FP3 is installed it is married to that vin FOREVER, no matter what, period, end of story, no using it on another bike if you sell yours, and stock flash, unmarry, and sell option.

What a load of ****. I've had a ton of car, truck, and bike tuners in the past and have never seen a tuner that won't flash to stock, unmarry, and be able to be used on another bike or sold.

I'm pissed and just wanted to pass the info on to those who are considering the FP3.

The following 2 users liked this post by Yo Nadz:
Magaan4717 (03-25-2021), Powerwagon64 (05-08-2021)
Old 05-14-2014, 04:23 PM
spinoleo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS is the same way

Old 05-14-2014, 04:31 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by spinoleo
TTS is the same way
TTS is NOT same way. You save your stock map during first use and can reflash it at any time. It does marry to that vin with that dongle it was originally flashed with but a user can purchase a license to use the tts on another bike. Op your dealer should be able to download your stock map for you for around $100 iirc.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Yo Nadz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can DL the stock map back off the FuelPak. I was wanting to sell it, but apparently that isn't possible.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:00 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Yo Nadz
I can DL the stock map back off the FuelPak. I was wanting to sell it, but apparently that isn't possible.
Nope, can't sell it. Can't sell a used PV, unless you are willing to pay a tuning license fee for the second tune. PV WILL allow a second, third, fourth bike to be 'married' at the same time.

TTS will allow a second bike to be 'married' to that tuner.

I don't think a SEPST will allow more than one bike to be married.

These are ALL flash tuners, just like the FP3... Flash tuners get 'married' to the bike, plain and simple. THAT is the Harley business model for tuners since the SERT.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:01 PM
hdoilcan
Tourer

So if you DL the stock map off the fp3 can a dealer plug in to your bike and know that you had changed the map in the past? Asking in case some warranty work needed to be done and changed things back to stock temporarily. I have a fp3 but haven't installed it yet........ waiting on a breather bolt that was defective b4 I install everything.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:12 AM
wolf_59
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to stay in business if people could just pass these tuners around but the end users should be made aware of this before purchasing the product

The following users liked this post:
Magaan4717 (03-25-2021)
Old 05-18-2014, 08:19 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,245 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
TTS is NOT same way. You save your stock map during first use and can reflash it at any time. It does marry to that vin with that dongle it was originally flashed with but a user can purchase a license to use the tts on another bike. Op your dealer should be able to download your stock map for you for around $100 iirc.
It`s beginning to look as though these tuners are just another way to get into our pockets and keep us there. No thanks.

The following users liked this post:
campdreamer47 (10-01-2016)
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

I found out the hard way. Purchased a FP3 a couple months ago. It works great and was exactly what I needed until I decided to take my build a little further. My plans were to flash my bike back to stock which I thought would "unmarry" it and sell the FP3 for some money towards the Power Vision tuner. Well, that can't be done. Call FuelPak and they confirmed. Once the FP3 is installed it is married to that vin FOREVER, no matter what, period, end of story, no using it on another bike if you sell yours, and stock flash, unmarry, and sell option.

What a load of ****. I've had a ton of car, truck, and bike tuners in the past and have never seen a tuner that won't flash to stock, unmarry, and be able to be used on another bike or sold.

I'm pissed and just wanted to pass the info on to those who are considering the FP3.
No offense but you should have researched further before you made your purchase then get pissed because you didnt and come here trashing a perfectly good product for its intended use. There are a lot better flash tuners out there for a few more $ initially that will carry you forward to whatever you choose to build later on

Just food for thought!

The following 2 users liked this post by UltraNutZ:
Capt Steve (10-24-2016), Vec (03-30-2021)
Old 05-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Kazz
Advanced

Originally Posted by slyedog
You can reflash back to the stock tune with the FP3. But it won't devorce the vin. All flash tuners are that way. You can buy a new license with some tuners but I don't think FP3 is one of them

Quick Reply: No Device: WARNING TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: FuelPak FP3 forever married!!!