Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The Florida Crew Rally (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-rally-149/)
-   -   2020 Florida Crew Rally Announcement At Last (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-rally/1337263-2020-florida-crew-rally-announcement-at-last.html)

uklauren 07-10-2020 11:40 AM

2020 Florida Crew Rally Announcement At Last

I am so sorry it's taken time to put together this year. Please read the whole thread!!

This year's Florida Crew Rally is currently a go but in these troubled times is subject to cancellation. However, the dates are Thursday November 12 to Sunday November 15th. Some of us will ride up on Wednesday, others will arrive Thursday, Friday or even Saturday, your choice. We will go out riding on all days, usually different groups pick different routes so you can join whoever you like.

We will be staying at the Crystal Cove Hotel in Palatka, Florida. Please make your booking direct with the hotel and ask for Jessica on 386 325 1055 and say you are with the Florida Crew for the group rate. We have 26 rooms in one block inside the main building which are first floor. If you book with one of the hotel booking sites you will not be put in the Crew block. The room doors all lead out to a huge reception area where we can congregate if it's cold or raining and where there is a pool table. The hotel has breakfast included in the price (a waffle bar) and all day long coffee. The hotel has ice cream, snacks and sodas available for sale behind the reception desk. There are 4 more rooms available in the other block and it's first come first served. The hotel has plenty of parking and is on the St John's River so has pretty views and outdoor areas to sit and the parking lot is large enough that we could have bike games. There are doors to the outside right by the rooms. If our block is booked she will try to accommodate us with more rooms.

Rooms are $99 per night inclusive of tax for all nights except Saturday where they will be $125 inclusive of tax AND will include a catered dinner in the dining room. If there will be 2 or more to a room it is $25 extra per person for the Saturday night only which includes the Saturday dinner. Please respond to this post when you have booked and how many people will be in your room with you. I would be grateful for your phone number or email address which you can private message me with in case I need to get hold of you for confirmation or clarity.

Due to Covid 19 restrictions please note the following. The hotel will NOT have a bar or restaurant so the whole rally will be BYOB and soft drinks although they do have soda and water for sale. BYOB (repeated for your convenience). Where will we eat on the other nights? We can ride into Palatka which is about 6 minutes ride, we can eat on our way back from a ride, or, we can get delivery from local restaurants through DoorDash. On Friday night we are going to do a cookout at the hotel price TBA nearer the time but probably about $10 to $15 per head depending on what FrankEV buys and what we put together. There are 2 outdoor grills at the hotel and Frank will bring his propane grill. Don't worry it will be a meat feast.

We understand that you may want to book now and cancel later. I only ask for courtesy that you let me know if you book and if you cancel because I have to give final numbers to both the hotel and the caterer by Monday November 2nd. Please keep that date in mind if you want to cancel. Also, by that date I must know dinner numbers for the Saturday evening dinner and it will be too late to add further numbers to the caterer. You will be given a ticket/wristband when you check in to the hotel if you paid for dinner and only those with dinner reservations will be able to eat. If you live locally and just want to come over for Saturday night and have dinner please let me know and I can arrange that for $25 per person.

As usual we will have a raffle on Saturday night after dinner. All are welcome even those that did not participate in dinner. I hope you all do go for the catered dinner because it will be a nice ending to a fun few days. Please bring some giveaways for the raffle, motorcycle related items, gift cards, alcohol, T shirts, bike parts new or gently used that would interest the crowd etc. We always have a 50/50 at the end. Does anybody have a karaoke machine they could bring or some other ideas for evening games?

This year has been challenging, notwithstanding Covid I tried to find us a new hotel that would accommodate us close together. I hope the usual motley crew will be coming and all new riders to our group are welcome. We always have a lot of fun and get to know new people and see old buddies.
http://www.crystalcoveresortfl.com/

Lauren - 1 room Weds to Sunday 1 person, 1 dinner
FrankEV - 1 room Weds to Sunday 2 people, 2 dinners
MJ and Jason - 1 room Thurs to Sunday 2 people, 2 dinners
Bevis - 1 room Thurs to Sun 1 person, 1 dinner
Stan S - 1 room Thurs to Sun 1 person, 1 dinner
Tom T Bird - 1 room Thurs to Sun
Jay and Lucy - 1 room Thurs to Sun 2 dinner
Dan D - I room Thurs to Sunday
JaxHR - 1 room Friday to Sunday
Tim - Weds to Sunday dinners
Chuck plus 1 - Fri to Sunday plus dinners
Chris (Dynamohn) and Carla - Friday to Sat - dinner for both

uklauren 07-10-2020 11:54 AM

Please reply here with how many rooms, who is coming, how many people and which days and if you paid for dinner for Saturday night

MJ 07-11-2020 08:16 AM

Thank you Lauren.

Jason and I are set.

1 room 2 persons Thursday to Sunday 2 dinners.

B3vis 07-17-2020 02:57 PM

I'm set...room next to MJ 1 dinner for now. May add another if my brother commits to coming.

JayStronghawk 07-18-2020 04:17 AM

Will make reservation soon ..

Dan D. 07-30-2020 05:36 PM

I plan to attend. Will update with exact dates soon.

Pothole914 09-28-2020 09:33 PM

I'll be there this year, God willing and a Hurricane don't show up.

Lauren, are they charging a deposit when you make reservations?

uklauren 09-30-2020 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pothole914 (Post 19431878)
I'll be there this year, God willing and a Hurricane don't show up.

Lauren, are they charging a deposit when you make reservations?

no, they are just taking a credit card to hold the reservation, you can cancel by October 31st so that I can give the caterer final numbers

Tom T-Bird 10-06-2020 02:41 PM

Made my reservation, Arriving Thursday one person.

Dan D. 10-10-2020 11:40 AM

Booked... Thursday to Sunday.

She didn't ask about a dinner... Just myself at this point.

👍