Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Florida Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/)
-   -   New Year (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew/1018261-new-year.html)

T D 02-02-2015 03:34 PM

Round 2

Originally Posted by uklauren (Post 13554358)
What parts are you looking for? Don't know Demon Cycles.

I had to google Dorsetshire, never heard of Dorset being called that, but apparently it's the archaic name for Dorset. Where are you in Dorset? We used to go to Sandbanks when my kids were little, and when I was a kid we used to holiday in Bournemouth almost every year.

Sorry Lauren, have only just seen this. Bin having trouble with this damn thing!:mad:
Yes, we've got Dorsetshire on a patch. Most of those that we come accross seem to think it's cool when you explain that it was the original name. Most of the other counties had a shire behind them as well, but cut backs I guess! Lol:icon_mrgreen:
I was born in Westbourne when it was in Hampshire.
When I was a kid, we used to go down Sandbanks cockling. That's an old family thing as all my family are Londoners. Oh, Regents Park B4 you ask, and no, not the posh bit!:icon_neutral:
These days, I'm between Wimborne and Bere Regis on A31.
Sorry for delay, but "tish happens" or summit similar!

TD:cool:

uklauren 02-03-2015 09:56 PM

No prob TD.
I'll be back in Blighty in March for a week. I know it'll be freezing, it always is.

Give us a shout before you get here and we'll meet up for a ride or lunch or both.

T D 02-04-2015 12:09 PM

That sounds good to me, always up for grub-beer-good company-bikes!:icon_clapclap:
If you're coming back for a bit, don't forget to pick up stuff that you can't get in the States. PG Tips-Kate and Sidney pies-Dr Feelgood cds etc...I'm sure you know what I mean. Am sure that there is stuff that you miss.
What part of the Smoke btw?

I reckon that oil end up going to J&P Cycles for me bits as there's not much response

uklauren 02-04-2015 03:49 PM

I'll be in NW London, I need to book a hotel so probably around Swiss Cottage.

The supermarkets in my part of Florida have British sections so I can get most of what I miss, and there's a British Depot about 15 miles north with an even bigger selection of tins and chocolate, even frozen white sliced bread.

T D 02-05-2015 01:47 PM

Swiss Cottage eh? You can spit in it from our part of town, and the ole man tell's me, he regularly did!
Spurs or goonas?:icon_no: We're a Chelsea family.:p Pop never knew why, just that the first match his Dad ever took him to was Chelsea V Spartak Moscow in '49.
We had a friend in Santa Monica, and she had a British shop near her that she used to go to, but they charged an arm and a leg for most things.:icon_rolleyes:

uklauren 02-05-2015 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by T D (Post 13676950)
Swiss Cottage eh? You can spit in it from our part of town, and the ole man tell's me, he regularly did!
Spurs or goonas?:icon_no: We're a Chelsea family.:p Pop never knew why, just that the first match his Dad ever took him to was Chelsea V Spartak Moscow in '49.
We had a friend in Santa Monica, and she had a British shop near her that she used to go to, but they charged an arm and a leg for most things.:icon_rolleyes:

We are the Chelsea so F*** all the rest. Blue blooded family, my dad was born in Soho and was a West End boy so they went to Chelsea. I have been to loads of CFC games in Europe, Zaragoza, Sevile, Bruges, Monaco, Stockholm CWC Final and the best one ever was Tromso.

T D 02-06-2015 02:53 PM

Always an honor to meet a follower!:icon_headbang::icon_clapclap:
I've got something, not as cool as yours, but not only have I seen a Fernando Torres goal, but he scored a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Afraid that I don't manage to get to the Bridge much for matches, but I saw Jimmie Vaughan play "Under The Bridge" last year. 'Kin awesome!