"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Chesters GONE Alligator Alley HD is now HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 01:15 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Our new local dealer is changing the dealership to something else.
We haven't figured out what.

Contractors are coming in and redoing (gutting) the building to a tune of more than a million.
Built in 2003.
For what, we don't know.

No longer have prices on the bikes. We have to ask a salesperson and he has to get a manager over to tell you the price of that bike.

I, and others, no longer walk the floor while looking at the bikes.
Haven't looked for over a year now.

We drop by but not looking at bikes.
At least the accessories have prices on them.

HOG chapter is also changing, per dealership.
No more officer elections.
E-board will be designated by the dealership.
Don't know who will be on the board in January.
No more monthly meetings.
No contact with chapter members!

I know I won't renew my local membership when it runs out in May.
I am a life HOG member so that will stay.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Rooster10
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
G'day mate. Does that mean the answer is no?

I think the new owner needs to stand by the previous owners liabilities.

BuzzCap7
I agree. Him losing a few good customers plus some sale may make him re think. I'll shop around.

Bob

Old 11-28-2016, 11:31 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by slapshot12
Seems like the "hangout" idea is getting more common wth HD dealerships. My local dealer, Bert's Barracuda HD, just changed owners and they are going that route too. They are severely limited by space, but seem to be doing a good job considering how little they have to work with.
Well, I stopped by twice since it became Bert's and won't be going back. I was there to buy parts, but could barely find a space with all the crap going on. I'm really getting sick of HD driving out the good dealers (Fletchers was the best dealership of anything I ever dealt with) and bringing in unethical owners to push bikes rather than sell them.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:43 AM
justmike911
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The tires were a big hit for me too. Especially since I am ready to ride to Cali soon. Wanted a tire change before the trip. They sent me an email and I mentioned it. Then they called and nicely told me no more free tires. hmmm.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by justmike911
The tires were a big hit for me too. Especially since I am ready to ride to Cali soon. Wanted a tire change before the trip. They sent me an email and I mentioned it. Then they called and nicely told me no more free tires. hmmm.
Alligator Alley HD has a "Pit Pass". If you buy a new motorcycle from them (may be used as well I do not know) and pay them $2000, you will get one tire free and all of your regular services for free as long as you on the bike.

BuzzCap7

Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

As long as they are in business BC7. I heard that was for 3 years that $2000 deal. Worth it if you ride a lot and won't trade your bike within 3 years. No good if they sell the dealership, you'll get screwed like Tires for Life.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:57 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
As long as they are in business BC7. I heard that was for 3 years that $2000 deal. Worth it if you ride a lot and won't trade your bike within 3 years. No good if they sell the dealership, you'll get screwed like Tires for Life.
Good points. I questioned the "for life of the bike as you remain the owner" part and I am very sure he said it was unlimited and not a three-year deal.

I have the the Pit Pass here but I am too tired to look at it and check. :-(

But typically I do turn it in every 3 years. Probably not anymore because I am not doing my around the USA/Canada trip anymore that I can figure. Been there, done that so much it is not a "draw" for me anymore.

You are really making me think about the Pit Pass....... hmmmm.

Your statement above about the Pit Pass only being good as long as Alligator Alley has ownership is so correct. If there is another owner while you own that benefit, the next owner may not honor it.

I have not seen anyone use the "BC7" ever that I can recall.

It is so funny, people usually call me Buzz or something like that but today also for the 1st time I can ever recall someone actually call me by my full name, BuzzCap7. So today I am called the shortest and longest name for me. I guess it is my special day. But then, anytime I talk with you it is a special day to me. :-)

BuzzCap7

Old 01-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Torpedo1
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Please don't give them $2000 for a VIP pass. Just take your bike to another dealership that didn't jack up their service rates. There's no shortage of dealers down here and a bunch of good independent shops.

At Chester's, 1k service cost me $290. Now it's $400 and change.

The loss of free tires for life (since the condition was you had to get your service there) inspired me to do all my own service. If you use the factory service manual combined with YouTube and this forum, you'll actually realize how much you overpay for all that stuff. Their 5k service is $380 and I did every check myself for $45.

If you find something too intimidating in the particular service interval, you can always take it for just that service and save all the other money. I myself probably wouldn't mess with something like mounting tires.

You're riding from South Florida all the way to California? What routes are you taking?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are doing a 5K service for $45 you can't be changing all the fluids on your ride with a new filter???? Best I can do is around $90 with synthetic.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:10 AM
justmike911
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm willing to do my own maintenance but am concerned about any warranty violation. But heck yeah...I can change oil and fluids.

Quick Reply: Chesters GONE Alligator Alley HD is now HERE.