"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Leesburg Bikefest

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

took me a while to get back on topic after your thread got hijacked by someone who had to tell all of us what he is not going to be buying.

but now back to topic - there is a bar north of there called gator joes, its on the water. very nice atmosphere and food. from there you can get up 19 into the ocala forest for some nice rides through woods. also a bar called catz, which is west of joes, not sure if its even open anymore, they have a great vibrator race! if you like old stuff you can go to mount dora, west of leesburg. its a nice town with a few watering holes. if you are really brave head to the north west side of ocala national forest, to a place called the Pig Pen. would be a nice ride to get there. also the 88 store has a small bar with a few locals drinking draft bush. they have gas there also. enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
atl fahrer (03-27-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

The Ozello Trail is a nice ride, out west beyond Crystal River.http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/16....MebJcl61.dpbs

The following users liked this post:
atl fahrer (03-28-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

[QUOTE=wilburz;16075582]took me a while to get back on topic after your thread got hijacked by someone who had to tell all of us what he is not going to be buying.
QUOTE]

It took you "a while to get back on topic"? After my two little paragraphs? May I suggest a reading comprehension course or maybe you should cut down on the bar hopping to all those places you mentioned for a while and improve your brain function.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:23 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,337 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
The Ozello Trail is a nice ride, out west beyond Crystal River.http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/16....MebJcl61.dpbs
Yeah, then checkout the NW owner's restaurant when they moved in and changed the old Neon Leon. GREAT atmosphere inside and out.

When it was Neon Leon's, the food was phenomenal and the service was exactly the opposite. Extremely bad. So bad the people I was with said even though the food was fantastic, they would never come back here because the service was horrendously bad.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping the new owners really "get it right".

If anyone goes to this place, please give us a shout out.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Yeah, then checkout the NW owner's restaurant when they moved in and changed the old Neon Leon. GREAT atmosphere inside and out.

When it was Neon Leon's, the food was phenomenal and the service was exactly the opposite. Extremely bad. So bad the people I was with said even though the food was fantastic, they would never come back here because the service was horrendously bad.

BuzzCap7
I should be doing this ride on Saturday and stopping at Peck's Old Port Cove if that's the place your speaking about. Will report back.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7

BuzzCap7
It's the "Suncoast Bar & Grill" now. It's got mixed reviews on trip advisor. I drive by there when I go to "MacRae's", and "The Freezer". Can't say as I've ever seen the parking lot filled up. I ate once at the place when it was Neon Leon's. I wasn't impressed then. Several of the locals said towards the end (when Neon Leon's was going under) the owner was always drunk at the bar every day until he passed out. The customers would walk by him and shake their heads.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by scottbob99
I should be doing this ride on Saturday and stopping at Peck's Old Port Cove if that's the place your speaking about. Will report back.
Peck's is on Ozello Trail. Suncoast Bar & Grill is on Yulee Drive.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:17 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,337 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by scottbob99
Great. I look forward to what you have to say.

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
It's the "Suncoast Bar & Grill" now. It's got mixed reviews on trip advisor. I drive by there when I go to "MacRae's", and "The Freezer". Can't say as I've ever seen the parking lot filled up. I ate once at the place when it was Neon Leon's. I wasn't impressed then. Several of the locals said towards the end (when Neon Leon's was going under) the owner was always drunk at the bar every day until he passed out. The customers would walk by him and shake their heads.
Man, that is such a shame. Sorry to hear it.

If you drop in and check out how the new owner is doing, please let me know.

I am looking at setting up a ride over there.

Thank you,

BuzzCap7