"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Leesburg ! Time to Pa - Tay !

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm heading up there around 9 or 10:00.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:31 PM
pjim
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thinking about riding by and giving a big wave. I hate big crowds and hot weather.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:05 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,340 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime Rib
I'm at Leesburg now. If you want a Bikefest T-shirt in 2X, you better get here soon. They are almost wiped out.
Good day mates,

It has been a while since I have gone to any kind of bike week, so what I saw the t-shirt prices, $20 each. 3 for $55. I was amazed how much they have gone up.

For what it is worth… 1st biker event I went to was a Leesburg about 11 years ago. My goodness it certainly has changed. Much, much bigger.

Nice.

Mark

Old 04-30-2017, 07:03 AM
fatmurse
Tourer
Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Good day mates,

It has been a while since I have gone to any kind of bike week, so what I saw the t-shirt prices, $20 each. 3 for $55. I was amazed how much they have gone up.

For what it is worth… 1st biker event I went to was a Leesburg about 11 years ago. My goodness it certainly has changed. Much, much bigger.

Nice.

Mark
Event merchandise at Leesburg is way overpriced. I suspect that the chamber of commerce retains all licensing. Bikeweek tshirts are usually 3 for $25-$35, if I am remembering correctly. What I found interesting was that nobody was signing up to win a new Indian. Crickets there, but right next to it is the tiny house living display where there was a line around to get in. Anyway, good times

Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 AM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmurse
Event merchandise at Leesburg is way overpriced. I suspect that the chamber of commerce retains all licensing. Bikeweek tshirts are usually 3 for $25-$35, if I am remembering correctly. What I found interesting was that nobody was signing up to win a new Indian. Crickets there, but right next to it is the tiny house living display where there was a line around to get in. Anyway, good times
3 T-shirts for $25??? Are you guys stuck in the 1980's? $20 for a shirt at a bike rally is pretty standard from what I've seen. Have you guys bought a Harley shirt at a dealer lately?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Went yesterday. Everything was good. It was hot. But it's Florida.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:46 AM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by fatmurse
THAT is more like what I thought. Sure it can go up some but freaking WOW!

A friend said in Leesburg, 1 guy buys up all the spaces. I suspect that guy bumps up all the prices to rent the space and sublets them.

3 T-shirts for $25??? Are you guys stuck in the 1980's? $20 for a shirt at a bike rally is pretty standard from what I've seen. Have you guys bought a Harley shirt at a dealer lately?
Prime Rib, now THAT is a cool road name.

Harley T-Shirts is not what we are talking about. You are right about HD T's being high. So high I stoped buying ANY HD T' Shirt from HD no matter how much I may like the T.

It is at point, the HD T's are insulting me to buy them. I mean, I feel SUCKERED. I will buy them on the internet or elsewhere IF they are priced fairly and not trying to out rightly screw me.

Were you saying you feel the $20 at T at a biker event is reasonable? And $55 for 3 is what you have been seeing elsewhere?

BuzzCap7

Old 04-30-2017, 01:54 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Were you saying you feel the $20 at T at a biker event is reasonable? And $55 for 3 is what you have been seeing elsewhere?

BuzzCap7
My experience is that any festival or rally is asking at least $20 a shirt. So much so that I expect it. I've been to bike rallies from Ohio to Here several times and that is the normal price I see. It surprised the hell out of me that you guys think it's so expensive. A meal out to a decent restaurant costs that for one person.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:01 PM
BuzzCap7

My experience is that any festival or rally is asking at least $20 a shirt. So much so that I expect it. I've been to bike rallies from Ohio to Here several times and that is the normal price I see. It surprised the hell out of me that you guys think it's so expensive. A meal out to a decent restaurant costs that for one person.
Because PR, I have purchased a bazillion T's at rallies for 11 years (excluding the last 3-4 yrs) and I recall it being a LOT lower. All I wear are these types of T's.

The prices the other chap said above this post.

At Leesburg, 1 of the guys I rode with did not know abt pricing. The other said they are high. So high compared to the past, refused to buy any.

Maybe PR, we (me) are just getting old and not up with the prices lately.

Let's see if anyone else responds.

I would justify paying that much even when you compare it to eating out. Though I think that is not a fair comparison.

BuzzCap7

Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 PM
fatmurse
Tourer
Received 202 Likes on 92 Posts

Say what you want but Leesburg merchandise is overpriced. We bought 3 shirts for 25 or 35 bucks at Destination Daytona during Bikeweek. There were vendors selling shirts at Leesburg for as little as $2, just not Leesburg shirts. If you noticed only certain kiosks were selling Leesburg merch. The most I've ever paid for a rally shirt was last year at the Thunderbeach fall rally and it was $15. And you can find $20 shirts at some dealers too, if you look. Have fun

Quick Reply: Leesburg ! Time to Pa - Tay !