Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Florida Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/)
-   -   Trish&Vonda's Epic bike trip (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew/1186695-trish-and-vondas-epic-bike-trip.html)

HDBRATT 07-09-2017 12:28 PM

Trish&Vonda's Epic bike trip

Ok so these are the states on Trish n Vonda Schmidt Epic bike trip. Oh yes 5229 miles from my door start to my door finish!!!!
We had a blast...we were blessed with good weather and a smooth ride. I will post up alot of our pictures. Our first stop and stay over was New Orleans but Mother nature had different plance of two tropical storms so we halled ass up to MS. Met some kewl people along our travels and learned alot about the places we visited and each other. The best riding in my opinon was Colorado and South Dakota.
Brian Burrell and Karyn Kepler Burrell were awesome riding leaders up to Bishop's Castle. Did I say how very much I miss living in CO....got my mind thinking.
Then in South Dakota seeing Crazy Horse and MT. Rushmore...simply breath taking. And let's not forget Custer State Park and Needles HWY.....what a blast. I am sure the woman in the mini- van won't forget Vonda and the idiot and his teen age kids won't forget me...and the funny thing was we went off on both of them at the same time....doppler effect....badass women!!!! No seriously, they were a danger to all peeps on motorcycles. Then after Idaho we got to visit with Denise Smith and Skip....talk about making you feel right at home.....I have two new friends that I so love!!! And our fourth of July get together got to meet Ronnie and Boo and Bob and Ann....love them all. Awesome ride with Bob, Ann Mcnew, Skip Smith,Skittles and Vonda Schmidt the day before. Then we made our way back home going through some storms but finally hit Florida and I swear a monsoon that said "Hey welcome back to good ole hot Florida" Between the monsoon and the lightning we both got home safe and a little wet. I would ride with Vonda anywhere...her and her garmin smile emoticon:-) . Seriously, she was awesome baby!!
Next trip I am thinking CA....Yellowstone...2018 sometime!!!!!

GoPro Steevo 07-09-2017 02:06 PM

Trish,
I'm glad you're home safe, but sad that your trip is over. I was following your posts on Facebook, enjoyed every bit of it.

uklauren 07-09-2017 04:36 PM

I enjoyed watching your trip on FB too. You are badass biker babes.

crump13 07-09-2017 10:05 PM

Looked like a great trip as I followed along on FB. I love taking trips on the bike, it's the best way to see this beautiful country we live in!!!

justmike911 07-10-2017 08:41 AM

Hey

Sounds interesting. Can we follow in Facebook ?

Jerry1834 07-11-2017 06:22 AM

Trish,

Now thats a trip!!!!! Haven't done one like that in a long time......

Jerry

CBud 07-18-2017 12:53 PM

You had a great trip! I too was following on FB!

Chickrider 07-22-2017 10:16 PM

It was an epic trip for sure and really wish we'd had a month to do Yellowstone and Beartooth pass! Thanks for following our ride :-)

Hey Man 07-27-2017 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by justmike911 (Post 16417757)
Sounds interesting. Can we follow in Facebook ?

I guess not.

Thundermug 07-29-2017 11:34 AM

I too followed you and Vonda on y'alls journey. It almost felt as if I were with the two of you. Sure I was jealous that I wasn't there.....but, then I came to my senses and realized I am still healing from my wreck. So, I lived my dream reading about one epic journey!
I thought for sure one of you woulda posted it on the Fl Crew facebook page. That is one way to share on facebook without having a huge friend list full of invisible people! (shamefull, underhanded advertisement...LOL!)