"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Fl Crew and Irma

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:23 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,331 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Thanks mate. SE Palm Beach County and NW Broward getting strong winds. Lots of rain overnight maybe 4-5".

Lost cable. HAve internet since I am able to write this. Cell tower here so far so gd.

BuzzCap7

Old 09-10-2017, 08:33 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Still got power here but it's flickering so maybe not for long.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

Flood and storm surge is not a concern for us as we are at 48 ft above sea level and in a non evac zone. The roof staying on is my biggest concern that or frying debris or my big oak in front yard falling on the house. I have a solid concrete safe room in the middle of the house.
I've pretty much resigned myself that I'll be losing some of my rental properties as they are older wood framed and not insurable.
One of my office employees, her elderly mother and boyfriend are here along with my GF, Granddaughter and her mother.
We are well supplied although I wish we had more ice.
My Son works for the city and is deemed critical so he's staged at a city shelter waiting to respond where needed.
We are not taking this lightly believe me and the decision to stay was a hard one

Old 09-10-2017, 09:47 AM
kaycee944
Cruiser
Received 146 Likes on 64 Posts

Thinking about you guys. Stay safe.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:41 AM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by kaycee944
Thinking about you guys. Stay safe.
Thanks mate. You really from Scotland? That is so cool!

BuzzCap7

Old 09-10-2017, 01:20 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I was watching the news interviewing people that decided to stay put. They all came across as ill-informed idiots. I am sure there are legitimate reasons for not evacuating, although I can't think of any. Particularly since the governor set up a special hotline for those that need assistance to evacuate. But, whatever your decision, I wish you the best, and hope those that decided to stay don't put emergency responders at risk.

BTW...heavy wind and rain, might be survivable...but not the storm surge if you can't get above it.
My take on it...is when they tell you to evacuate, they mean evacuate to the nearest shelter. Which could be a high school gym or something similar.
Luckily for me, the storm is on the west side of the state. Many people from Miami area...evacuated to Tampa as the storm was first thought to be going
up the east coast. So, they evacuated alright.....right INTO the storm. Got to be a bit of a gambler. I decided to stay right where I am. I know a guy, he evacuated from Daytona and drove
up to Blue Spring State Park, Alabama. He will be in his RV in a tropical storm...you takes your chances.

Chuck

Old 09-10-2017, 01:24 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Rain sprinkling in Daytona Beach. Eye of storm about 130 miles west of me. I think Barbara and I will dodge this bullet. Hoping the best for the rest of the Crew. After this anxiety crap is over.....gotta plan a meet up at Earls.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:02 PM
T D
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

From what I can see on the news over here, the west coast will take quite a pasting. We stayed at Marco Island the year before last. I don't suppose it will look like anything that I remember by the time the all clear has been sounded.
Do take care one and all, TD will be thinking of you.

TD

Old 09-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

We can't all evac. There are 4 million people just in the Tampa Bay metro area. Pinellas County where I am has 1 million and only 3 bridges and a couple surface roads to leave. All lead into Tampa, then north or east right into the path. There simply isn't enough shelter here or ways to get out. Like the mensch said people evaced here from the east coast now here comes the storm.
We found more ice so now at about 15 cubic feet we should have "plenty" depending on how long this lasts and how long we'll go without power.

Winds are picking up, they still haven't locked down the fire stations which they do at 45 mph sustained. Once that happens nobody responds until the winds subside in 10-15 hours.

Just a matter of time now before the power goes out.

Attached Thumbnails Fl Crew and Irma-big-storm.jpg  
Old 09-10-2017, 04:54 PM
BuzzCap7

Palm Beach County & Broward County line has faired pretty well.

All 'n all, no complaints considering what could have happened.

I am thankful.

BuzzCap7

Quick Reply: Fl Crew and Irma