"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Biketoberfest

Can't believe there are no Biketoberfest chatter. I have to work overtime for three hours tomorrow (Sat.)....
but will be on Beach Street by the Indian dealer...and then over to Boot Hill...Main Street Station and Froggys. Maybe
get a grilled hot dog on the boardwalk
Was wondering who else may be here..

Chuck- the mensh

Old 10-20-2017, 05:31 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I know what you mean. there has been little activity on the forum. i might be riding up sunday. hope you have been well. would like to see you at the rally this year.

Murph

Old 10-21-2017, 05:03 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I just got home, went up Thursday, the weather was perfect, a little rain on Thursday, it was quiet up there, I guess the crowds will build today. Spent a few hours at Destination yesterday, rode over to Woodpeckers and back down A1A, then went to Beach St which was also quiet.

The T shirt selection for women was poor, all I bought was a pair of earrings. Today we went over to the Speedway which was also quiet. I do think crowds are way down.

But I had a great time.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:34 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Went to the speedway to get my Harley Owners Group pin. Didn't want to hang around for a test ride.
Rode down to beach street to see one of my favorite bar tenders....then rode over to Boot Hill Saloon to see another favorite bartender.
Walked to Froggys to see......well.....you get the gist.
Crowds were smaller by my estimate. I don't do the NIGHT thing, so don't know how that is. Sure wasn't like years past....when it took
45 minutes to cross that Main Street bridge. Once I hit the bridge, I was at boot hill in three minutes...that includes parking and the short
walk across the street.

Last edited by themensh; 10-21-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

It was crazy last night (Saturday). Difficult to get drinks, hard to walk around. We got to Daytona on Thursday night and it was slower than expected. I will say that based on everything being booked for the weekend, there might have been more attendees than in the past. Everything was booked Friday/Saturday. Everyone was out riding during the day so I would expect Main Street to be slow however at night that's where everyone ended up.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Hit it Thursday, stayed A1A lil south of Main, left Sunday mornin. I'm not a camera type guy and I leave the cell in the saddlebag, no photos. I'll have to grab a few off FB my brothers were posting.
Main St packed every night with Saturday smokin. Iron Horse another packed during the day and night. Hit Rudys on the way back from the Iron Horse a couple of times, and couple of the bars on A1A closer to the motel.
Saw a few idiots out and about but all in all everyone was havin a good time. The motel was even a hotspot, damn shame I'm such a loyal bastid to my wife...heheh

Old 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Saw a few idiots out and about but all in all everyone was havin a good time. The motel was even a hotspot, damn shame I'm such a loyal bastid to my wife...heheh
Hey Fatboy!!! Did ya run into Stella??????????

Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by MJ
Hey Fatboy!!! Did ya run into Stella??????????
LMFAO...hey ya MJ. Yes I did, Stella was with her girlfriends tryin to get me in the pool at midnight. I got to tell ya it was tempting

Old 10-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

There were more cars than bikes cruising Main St when I was there, but Main St not being "Bikes Only" is a pet peeve of mine. Lots of regular vendors were not there this year and quite a few who were present were packed up & leaving Sun morning.