"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Gibtown

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts
Default Gibtown

So I stopped by the Bikefest today and I must admit, It seemed to be pretty good? Some decent vendors this time around inside and out.

Weird thing though. When I arrived there was a guy in the parking lot who was dressed like he worked for a dealership walking around looking at tires then checking some with a tread depth gauge and writing down the tag numbers. I asked him what he was doing but he wouldn't answer me so I stood and watched him for a few minutes and he left the parking lot. Another way to void warranties? Worn tires? Strange.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:24 AM
crackerbiker
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, nice event.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:59 AM
Schex
Supporter
Received 6,816 Likes on 1,760 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
So I stopped by the Bikefest today and I must admit, It seemed to be pretty good? Some decent vendors this time around inside and out.

Weird thing though. When I arrived there was a guy in the parking lot who was dressed like he worked for a dealership walking around looking at tires then checking some with a tread depth gauge and writing down the tag numbers. I asked him what he was doing but he wouldn't answer me so I stood and watched him for a few minutes and he left the parking lot. Another way to void warranties? Worn tires? Strange.
Strange indeed, should of videoed him.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:37 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
When I arrived there was a guy in the parking lot who was dressed like he worked for a dealership walking around looking at tires then checking some with a tread depth gauge and writing down the tag numbers. I asked him what he was doing but he wouldn't answer me so I stood and watched him for a few minutes and he left the parking lot. Another way to void warranties? Worn tires? Strange.
Since new Harley sales are slow, the dealer probably told him to go out "prospecting" for service work. Take down the registration number, look up the owner, give the owner a call & mention the worn tire. At one event I had a dealer leave a note on my bike saying he needed it as a trade-in. I might have believed it, if every other bike parked in the area didn't have the same note, lol. But hey, I've got nothing against someone looking to drum up business.