"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

A break in the rain maybe?

Old 05-31-2018, 09:32 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,996 Likes on 2,815 Posts
Default A break in the rain maybe?

So far it looks like Saturday and Sunday this week we may see a break in the rain. Should be some good riding weather in the Tampa Bay area. There's a benefit at the Rivers Edge on Sat. then on Sunday I may just follow the front wheel for a few hundred miles.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:31 AM
Torky_SOB
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,725 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Not in Broward, PB or Dade. I keep going out and with in 20-30 mins you run into large cells that have no alt routes to escape from. Im on the 4th week/ week end of rain. Getting old,one set back from it is standing water and boy will the skeeters come out in squadrons when they hatch from all of it. You have to take what Mother Nature throws out there and go with the flow. Sooner or later a more defined pattern will return to "rainy season " ! I hope !!

Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 AM
W.Murphy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea looking a little better, I went out for breakfast yesterday and then ran a tank of gas thru my Fatboy.. Was Really nice out early, cool & the sun shining, plus not as much traffic now that our winter guests have gone home Getting ready to head out again in a few..

Old 06-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,460 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I rode miday yesterday and am going for a quick ride now. We live in Florida grab the ride when you can. I got a small amount of rain yesterday, but a sprinkler and I was dry by the time I got home. I am looking to see what is going on this weekend since the wife is going for an overnight with her riding group for a girls' only weekend ride.

Old 06-01-2018, 12:44 PM
Redfish911
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I got to ride to work today. A sure way to bring the rain.

The following users liked this post:
Torky_SOB (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 01:14 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Got out this AM for a ride from OB to Palaka, stoped for Breakfast, and came back a longer way. It was an abosloutely beautiful ride. A little cloudy, not too hot and no rain. Looks like some T-storms building up this PM but for tomorrow forcast looks good so may be able to go out in another direction tomorrow.

Last few days has been a lot better than what my so is expeienceing in Western NC. They have been getting lots and lots of continous rain and all the roads that are anywhere near the creeks and streams are flooded out. They even have mud slides on some of the major roads in the area. Hasn't been able to use his bike for almost a month now.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,798 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Got out this AM for a ride from OB to Palaka, stoped for Breakfast, and came back a longer way. It was an abosloutely beautiful ride. A little cloudy, not too hot and no rain. Looks like some T-storms building up this PM but for tomorrow forcast looks good so may be able to go out in another direction tomorrow.
AM for me is 11:00. I rode out to the Cheyenne Saloon in Palatka today around 1:00. Also took the long way, but it was still only 74 miles.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:46 AM
BgDadddy
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Riding from Gainesville to Mt. Dora this morning, and then over to Weeki Wachee. Hoping for good weather. :-)

Old 06-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Davidson Harley
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey all, Punta Gorda SWF here--wow its been raining! I had more water in my yard this week then we did from Irma. Riding has been very scarce-I'm jonesing and it is looking like rain again right now UGGGGG

Local dealer Berts Black Widow in Port Charlotte told me three weeks ago to bring my old FXR in on a Saturday and they would throw it on the DINO for free. Just to see what numbers it has. Not planning on doing a darn thing to it. But That is looking pretty iffy again this week.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:27 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Got out again this morning bright and early. Bright skies with no rain clouds in sight. Did a couple hours going Norhth from OB then West for a while before turning South again towards home. Then remembered I had a erand to run so went further South to Sams Club before heading back North on 5A to Home in OB. Great ride until heading home on 5A, Must have cought every red light on the way up and the temps were moving up into the August temp range. Should have went over to AIA and maybe there would have been a some cooling sea breeze. Riding mid day in this heat is not fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A break in the rain maybe?