"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Paul Gant's BBQ - Port St. Joe

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:51 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts
Default Paul Gant's BBQ - Port St. Joe

G'day mate..........HI TO ALL!

Will someone in the pan handle area by Port St. Joe, scoot by Paul Gant's BBQ and see if they are still there?

They are on the main road (US 98), north side or on your right as you travel westward on the corner of D St.

I can send you PIXs if you like.

They do not answer their phone.
They do not have posting on their FB site.
Their website is not helpful. They sent them a request on their website but I know they will not answer it.

So if someone in the Port St. Joe area can do a "drive by" (the GOOD connotation not the BAD connotation) and let me know if they are still there.

I doubt it. It was a TRAILER! Just a trailer. Maybe they moved it and brought it back????

Thank you gize!!!

BuzzCap7

Old 10-26-2018, 11:15 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,205 Likes on 8,361 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
G'day mate..........HI TO ALL!

Will someone in the pan handle area by Port St. Joe, scoot by Paul Gant's BBQ and see if they are still there?

They are on the main road (US 98), north side or on your right as you travel westward on the corner of D St.

I can send you PIXs if you like.

They do not answer their phone.
They do not have posting on their FB site.
Their website is not helpful. They sent them a request on their website but I know they will not answer it.

So if someone in the Port St. Joe area can do a "drive by" (the GOOD connotation not the BAD connotation) and let me know if they are still there.

I doubt it. It was a TRAILER! Just a trailer. Maybe they moved it and brought it back????

Thank you gize!!!

BuzzCap7
I just looked that place up on Google Maps, and that little place looks like a "roach coach" which can be pretty easily relocated. Maybe he moved?

Old 10-27-2018, 08:46 AM
BuzzCap7

Exactly right! Roach Coach it is. But the food is freaking OFF THE CHARTS FANTASTIC!!!

To my SHOCK, they just replied to my email saying YES, they are open.

BuzzCap7

Old 10-27-2018, 09:29 AM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,346 Likes on 1,746 Posts

"Roach Coach", I haven't heard that term about rolling diners since I worked in Florida. Be careful @BuzzCap7 they, as I remember, serve heart-attacks on a bun. I can see the grease dripping now. That crap will kill ya, son. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:13 AM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by J F GO
"Roach Coach", I haven't heard that term about rolling diners since I worked in Florida. Be careful @BuzzCap7 they, as I remember, serve heart-attacks on a bun. I can see the grease dripping now. That crap will kill ya, son. Good luck.
You are 100% RIGHT! Thing is, I have been there many times. Know the owner (the son not the father who started the place) and on occasion, I think it is a-ok to indulge.

Now I will contradict myself. Last night I had flown in Joes Kansas City BBQ and had bikers over........overly indulged.
If that was not bad enough, tonight I have a biker ride and we are eating at 1 of the BEST BEST BEST BEST places locally. Actually, it is a hole on the side of a building in a "bad area", buy our food, ride to my house and eat it wtih beer in the driveway. WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, JFG, that is over indulging. Oooopsss.................

I kindda think that I am up in age, have heart issues and most of my life is behind be so what the F.

You do make an excellent point.

Roach Coach (since I used to eat from 1) is more of the mobile type. This trailer is really not mobil and really not a "roach coach" per se. But I got the idea of what was meant calling this place a roach coach.

Just don't tell 'me cardiologist ok mate?

Gd to hear from you JFG.

Love ya man!!

BuzzCap7

The following users liked this post:
J F GO (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 10:46 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by J F GO
I first heard the term "roach coach" when I was in the Navy stationed at Norfolk, VA back in `64 to `68. The OOD would announce over the 1MC as it drove up the pier approaching my ship, "Now, the roach coach is making it`s approach". Of course, we all knew what that meant, and elbowed each other to be first down the gangway to be in line as it drove up.

The following users liked this post:
J F GO (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 10:36 PM
BuzzCap7

'n it was pretty good food aye?

ALWAYS is in my limited experience with them.

BuzzCap7

Old 10-28-2018, 01:17 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
'n it was pretty good food aye?

ALWAYS is in my limited experience with them.

BuzzCap7
Actually, it was kinda hit or miss being that sometimes the food wasn`t as fresh as it should have been. It was more like a ritual to reduce boredom while in port if you had to be aboard ship at the time, and didn`t get liberty.