"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Say Something Very Important About The State Of FL.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 08:20 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDipper15
It's where everyone from NY goes to die.
BD, you are absolutly correct.. Ex LI'r here. Grew up in Babylon and then lived in Hauppauge for nearly 40 years. Then, after retirement from LILCO, moved to Western NC for 18 years and now in Florida where, I'm pretty sure, it will be my last stop.

However, while I'm here I'm going enjoy the warm weather and the ability to ride all year while I watch the news about the Northeasters and Snow storms up there on LI.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

2019 will mark 30 years for us in Florida. For the most part I've had a good time living here. My job was great and gave me opportunities and experiences I probably never would have had elsewhere.But the last five or so years have seemed to lack the fun and enjoyment of all the previous ones though. I figure one or two more at the most and we may be movin' back home to head down the back stretch.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Neither...just meaning not much goes on in this "Florida Crew" forum with out just a few of "you all", poking some fun. Not many actual informative threads/posts.

Seriously, I'm kind of disapointed that this forum is so heavily focused on the Western Central Florida side of the State. When I first started to watch the "Florida Crew", I assumed it was a more State wide information forum. Not saying anything is wrong with what it is, but the Forum NAME is just a little mis-leading. I was hoping there would have been more threads about other areas as well. Seems there is very little interest in posting about other goings on in other parts of the state.

Oh well, just some babbleing from a fairly new Floridiot.
Well I don't know how many total Floridians are members of the HD board itself but there really are only about 15 or so of us that post in the "FLORIDA CREW" section somewhat regularly. And true maybe one third of them are from the West Central area and everybody else is flung out across the landscape. But if you look at the somewhat low amount of posts and compare them to the amount of "views" there are a bunch of people at least visiting the section. How many are Floridians would be a guess.

I don't know what kind of information you're looking for but if it's hooking up for rides Florida folks don't seem to want to do that much. At least not in my area which is Tampa Bay. I've thrown out ride offers and nobody responds. Why? Who knows. Maybe they don't like where I go maybe they don't like me. C'est La Vie.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
2019 will mark 30 years for us in Florida. For the most part I've had a good time living here. My job was great and gave me opportunities and experiences I probably never would have had elsewhere.But the last five or so years have seemed to lack the fun and enjoyment of all the previous ones though. I figure one or two more at the most and we may be movin' back home to head down the back stretch.
I hit 32 years last month and agree that my life changed for the better since.
We all have our reasons for moving here some good some bad. Me I'm pretty happy with my decision to make the move all those years ago.

When I get tired of it here I have had the place in Tenn 12 years now to run away to. Not sure how that is going to end up but it is what it is.
All in all Florida has done me well.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

The best thing about Florida is it's a long ways from Idaho.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:58 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,246 Likes on 11,135 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
The keys looks like the state of FL dribbled.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-02-2018, 03:31 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Neither...just meaning not much goes on in this "Florida Crew" forum with out just a few of "you all", poking some fun. Not many actual informative threads/posts.

Seriously, I'm kind of disapointed that this forum is so heavily focused on the Western Central Florida side of the State. When I first started to watch the "Florida Crew", I assumed it was a more State wide information forum. Not saying anything is wrong with what it is, but the Forum NAME is just a little mis-leading. I was hoping there would have been more threads about other areas as well. Seems there is very little interest in posting about other goings on in other parts of the state.

Oh well, just some babbleing from a fairly new Floridiot.
Hey Frankie VVVV, how about u n me try to resurrect The Florida Crew?? Maybe others will join in.

If I am a few days delayed getting back to you here, pls bear with me. Been bee bopping in and out of Florida. You know, leaving to get some FRESH air in 'me lungs. LOL! Oh, I am sooo funi!! Ok, maybe not.

So what 'ja think?

Originally Posted by BigDipper15
It's where everyone from NY goes to die.
Hey, GOOD to see you Dippie! Welcome to HDF.

Originally Posted by perki48
The best thing about Florida is it's a long ways from Idaho.
LOL!!!! GOOD ONE! But Idaho does have rte 13 I think it is, Lolo Pass so THAT is GOOD!!!! Aye mate?

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
It is abt time someone got that joke. Stay around these here parts matey ok? We need brainy peepooh like you.

Also I have seen your posts in other areas.........or are a GOOD guy. No matter what your prison inmates say.

BuzzCap7

Old 11-02-2018, 03:42 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Beachfront.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts
Default Say something very important about the State of Florida

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Well I don't know how many total Floridians are members of the HD board itself but there really are only about 15 or so of us that post in the "FLORIDA CREW" section somewhat regularly. And true maybe one third of them are from the West Central area and everybody else is flung out across the landscape. But if you look at the somewhat low amount of posts and compare them to the amount of "views" there are a bunch of people at least visiting the section. How many are Floridians would be a guess.

I don't know what kind of information you're looking for but if it's hooking up for rides Florida folks don't seem to want to do that much. At least not in my area which is Tampa Bay. I've thrown out ride offers and nobody responds. Why? Who knows. Maybe they don't like where I go maybe they don't like me. C'est La Vie.
not sure I have this right but “hey man” I th8nk Frank is just lamenting that people from our area (east central) don’t seem to post up that they are going for a ride and invite others to join like you do. The problem for us on the east coast is possibly we don’t know the u are goin to plus it’s a “ride” for us to get to your area! So maybe “we”are looking to meet in the “middle” at first so we gain knowledge of the great roads and establishments that you are frequenting. The rally always seems like a good idea to me but so far other “important” things have always got in my way! C’est la vie!

Old 11-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

We have an awesome riding season!

Quick Reply: Say Something Very Important About The State Of FL.