"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

St. Pete Bikefest

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 02:35 PM
heavyd1
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default St. Pete Bikefest

The st. Pete bike fest is next week and weekend, some good bands. Have any of you guys been? How was it? I am going, but i think i will take a uber, much cheaper than a dui. Parking around there is rough anyway

Old 11-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Didn't go last year but I heard it was kind of a money grab flop. Parking for this "open to the public" event was $10 and I imagine it will be the same thing this year. I may ride through on Thursday but unless I can score free parking or at least maybe meter parking I won't be stopping.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:06 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Downtown St. Pete, no thanks...….

Old 11-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
Downtown St. Pete, no thanks...….
Roger that!

Old 11-14-2018, 02:21 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

It's actually St Pete Beach at the Tradewinds Resort. Traffic and parking in that area are horrible.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

You're right and the Tradewinds will definitely be trying to scoop up the money again. I wonder if the surrounding bars will be well attended with the overflow. Then again with such a target rich environment they'll probably be price gouging on food and drinks as well. I think I'll skip it.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:51 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
You're right and the Tradewinds will definitely be trying to scoop up the money again.......
Guaranteed!!!

Old 11-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,312 Likes on 3,302 Posts

Traffic nightmare to get there, parking nightmare once you arrive and really nothing to see I have not seen 10 times this year already. I stay out of Pinellas County in general on a motorcycle because the sphincter pucker factor is a 10 out of 10. I will let the locals have it to themselves.

If you choose to go, be safe and have fun.

The following users liked this post:
J F GO (11-15-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 12:55 AM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
Traffic nightmare to get there, parking nightmare once you arrive and really nothing to see I have not seen 10 times this year already. I stay out of Pinellas County in general on a motorcycle because the sphincter pucker factor is a 10 out of 10. I will let the locals have it to themselves.

If you choose to go, be safe and have fun.
I showed up about 6:30pm Saturday.. traffic was no different than any other day to be honest. Pulled right in.. did have to pay $10 to park.. I **** away $10 to shoot one 30rd magazine out of my AR-15.. The usual vendors I guess, nothing too exciting there. Brought my own booze.. bought a coke, dumped in some rum.. enjoyed 38 special for 'free'. They had a brief fireworks show after the concert.. Enjoyed spending time with some friends... I spent more money at the Saturday Morning market in Downtown St. Pete than I did at this event so I am not sure why its a money grab. I did grab some food at the restaurant.. about $40 between the wife and I.. they didn't care that my wife were drinking the wine she brought herself or that I dumped rum into my coke that I ordered. Spent about $50 total.. Friends who came earlier said the bands were good.. Lots of drunk people.. no surprise there.. We stayed about an hour or so after the concert ended.. I stopped drinking after the concert and they had free water available. Went home.. had a good time. Is it some incredible event? No. Is it worth $10 in parking? Sure. If you want to be cheap like me bring you can. I'm not sure what they were charging for drinks but its never cheap to buy booze on the beach around here.

The following users liked this post:
Tonebender (11-18-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Crimson
....Brought my own booze.. bought a coke, dumped in some rum.. enjoyed 38 special for 'free'..... Enjoyed spending time with some friends.... I did grab some food at the restaurant... they didn't care that my wife were drinking the wine she brought herself or that I dumped rum into my coke that I ordered.

Went home.. had a good time....Is it worth $10 in parking? Sure. If you want to be cheap like me bring you can. I'm not sure what they were charging for drinks but its never cheap to buy booze on the beach around here.
And that sums it up right there. Bring your own pleasure.

Quick Reply: St. Pete Bikefest