"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Six Bends Falls Short

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 06:11 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
When it comes to oil changes, vs paying Dealer prices, you can buy everything you need, including a HF Jack and the Manual, DIY and pay for the whole goddamn shabang within 2 oil changes.
And not get stroked for 12.95 per quart of SYN3 that's a semi-synthetic.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

I'm in Tampa and I use Black Widow alot. I bought a bike there and have had some services done there too. I get Tampa Harley to match thier prices when I don't want to make the ride south.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:04 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Just like with my 2016 when I bought it new, I have the dealership do the first 1,000 miles service. There are a few more things that are suppose to be checked on a trike and I am trusting them to do it right at least. After that initial one I do my own. Except this summer I did have a dealership up in Illinois do my 20,000 mile service on the 16. It is extremely easy on a trike. I don't jack it up but I do drive up on three pieces of 2x12 lumber to make it a little easier. I take a photo of my oil/filter receipt beside the odometer and save it to help prove I did the service.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:54 AM
undy
Tourer

Received 222 Likes on 97 Posts

Bert's Black Widow pretty much hijacked all the good mechanics and sales people for 6 Bends several years ago when they took over from Armand. 6 Bends have been struggling ever since. Since the new owner took over there's been zero improvements. I too have had several problems with 6 Bends. I went to their parts counter and was chatting with one of their counter guys. I asked him if he was going to Bike Week in Daytona. Serious as hell. he looked at me and said "What's Bike Week?".

The following users liked this post:
ISP-FLHTK (12-19-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 08:34 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

I guess I am lucky so far but I haven’t met these people. There have been a few new things going on since they closed the Naples store and brought it all here.
The parts people did what I needed and the service guys have taken good care of me (I think) so far. I can’t imagine the overhead of that place, it’s pretty nice. I’m glad we have such a place as close as it is, to me anyway.
Its a business and is there to make money as well as provide the things we want.
The prices for parts and whatnot are the same as on the H-D site, no upcharges.
What do I know, I’m pretty easy to make happy.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

I have used both 6 Bends and Black Widow for service and a couple of recalls that needed done. I couldn't recommend one over the other. Personally I like Black Widow better only because I know a few folks at Black Widow that used to be at 6 Bends and Ft. Meyers Harley Davidson before that. I have been disappointed at both dealerships and happy with the service at both dealerships. The difference is the people.
When It comes to sales....hands down I would buy from Black Widow. I have always gotten a better deal from them so have the folks that I sent to see them to buy bikes.

The following users liked this post:
B3vis (12-18-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 08:09 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

1000 mile service is more than just an OIL CHANGE?

Old 12-19-2018, 06:34 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by themensh
1000 mile service is more than just an OIL CHANGE?
According to the work order they inspect numerous items/systems, like cables, lines, clutch, brake wear, torque numerous bolts and rear wheels, replace spark plugs, plus the normal 3 hole change. I question weather they actually changed the plugs even though it is listed because they charged for all the parts used but there was no spark plug charge listed. Anyway, they claim it can be up to a 3 hour service for a trike.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:53 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

So a couple days after my service rip off at Six Bends I posted a review on Yelp. Basically I said the same thing I said on here, they quoted an initial price but jacked it up $45 when I picked the bike up. A couple days later I received a reply on Yelp from Kimberlie H. of Six Bends. When I opened it up the reply was from "Berlie" who said she was the Customer Experience Manager" at Six Bends. She apologized for my bad experience and asked me to contact her so she could "turn it around for me".

I called the number she provided, which was just another line to Six Bends and not her desk. Left a message. The next day she called me back and asked what she could do for me. I gave her my information but I still wasn't sure if it was clicking. I went through my story, got a quote on the phone, brought bike in for service, confirmed quote, picked bike up and bill was $45+ more.....blah...blah....blah....

I figured if she had taken the time to have someone respond on Yelp, plus return my call, maybe she was just going to simply refund my $45 overcharge and possibly say they would try to do better next time. Nope. She said she would have to "look" into the situation and get back to me.

I will have to give her some time I guess, based on my experience with them she must be working 14 hour days and be swamped in her position as Customer Experience Manager.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

So the sage continues. After talking with the "Customer Experience Manager" from Six Bends fiver or six days before Christmas I never heard anything back. I updated my review on Yelp reflecting that little tidbit. The next morning after updating my Yelp review she called me. She said with days off and the busy holiday season it took her a while to check into my situation. She wanted to send me a store credit to make thing right. After confirming my address she asked me to go into Yelp and change my review of Six Bends. I told her I would update my review depending on what action they took but there was no way I was changing it.

I may have talked myself out of the $45 refund because nothing has ever arrived in the mail.

Quick Reply: Six Bends Falls Short