"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Six Bends Falls Short

Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,996 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
You have to remember most of the Harley dealerships are being bought up by automotive groups.

You get the same crappy treatment as the guy who buys a KIA with bad credit.

Your customer service person that called you probably handles multiple car dealerships as well as the Harley dealership.
I've read that Harley corporate is trying to move away from the family brand franchises in favor of the bigger corporation type ownership conglomerates. I guess they figure that corporations make better business decisions than the more friendly family run operations do.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:25 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

I bought my bike there and have service done there. I have been happy with all my transactions so far and it’s a great place to go.
I am happy that it’s 10 minutes away from me. I guess you’ll have to make the drive to Bert’s.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:30 AM
otto.maddox
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Does it stink they showed you one price and charged you a different one? Yes.

Could it just be a simple mistake made by the lady at the dealer? Yes.

Is it worth all this back and forth for $45? No way.

The time to fight this was at the counter. Let it go and learn from it. This isn't worth the time and effort at this point.

The following users liked this post:
Hey Man (04-11-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Coverdog
Tourer

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by otto.maddox

The time to fight this was at the counter. Let it go and learn from it. This isn't worth the time and effort at this point.
Can you send me $45 then?

Old 04-03-2019, 01:01 PM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by otto.maddox

The "Customer Care Manager" or whatever she called herself was rude and had a horrible attitude when she followed up on this overcharge. She wanted my review changed on a social media site prior to making it right and refunding the overcharged amount. Maybe that is acceptable business practices in California but down here in Florida most folks won't go back to a business who treats their customers like crap.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
The "Customer Care Manager" or whatever she called herself was rude and had a horrible attitude when she followed up on this overcharge. She wanted my review changed on a social media site prior to making it right and refunding the overcharged amount. Maybe that is acceptable business practices in California but down here in Florida most folks won't go back to a business who treats their customers like crap.
What does CA have anything to do with what happened to you from Rockstar?

Next time you take a cheap shot make sure it applies. I've had lots of shitty experiences from CA businesses and when the social media card is played, they make it right before holding something over my head. Especially El Cajon Harley.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:26 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
What does CA have anything to do with what happened to you from Rockstar?

Next time you take a cheap shot make sure it applies. I've had lots of shitty experiences from CA businesses and when the social media card is played, they make it right before holding something over my head. Especially El Cajon Harley.
You have to read (and actually comprehend) the whole quote and post I guess, which you obviously didn't. HE SIGNATURE STATED HE IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:30 PM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
You have to read (and actually comprehend) the whole quote and post I guess, which you obviously didn't. HE SIGNATURE STATED HE IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA.
So? I stand by my comment. You're assuming he's accepting to the way you were treated simply because his location says he's from CA. You're also assuming that's how CA dealerships treat customers.

Don't be an ***.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:34 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
So? I stand by my comment. You're assuming he's accepting to the way you were treated simply because his location says he's from CA. You're also assuming that's how CA dealerships treat customers.

Don't be an ***.
About the only thing I am assuming is that since you like to talk **** with your key board you are really just a little wannabe that sits in your room and has nothing better to do. Safe riding, if you even own a Harley Sally.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:14 PM
BigBillFL
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rockstar HD

I have been in Fort Myers for over 30 years and bought several bikes at either Naples HD or Fort Myers HD. I had a personal friendship with the manager of Naples HD. He later became president of the ownership group and now is the general manager of and a partner in a CA dealership for the former owner of Rockstar aka Six Bends. I was always treated well, even if I didn't like the prices I was paying.

These dealerships have always been difficult to deal with, They, like a lot of other businesses in SW Florida, understand that people are lazy and usually take the path of least resistance. Even if it cost of bit more for the convenience of dealing with a local company.

I, like a bunch of other customers who bought bikes in the old, pricier days, paid what now looks like too much for most of my bikes. HDs were then commanding MSRP or more if they could get it. I don't blame the dealer for pricing its bikes according to market conditions. That is how I price my services.

I just bought a used 2016 Limited from Rockstar. The price was right and the sales people were very easy to deal with. I did have an issue with the sales manager who I negotiated the deal with. I tried to call him to confirm my purchase. Three times I was either disconnected or he hung up on me. I prefer to believe the former, but the latter is also plausible. I received a call from the general sales manager just as I was about to post a scathing review via Yelp. He apologized, I accepted, and I purchased the bike. I made the point to him that I expected better from a multimillion dollar operation. His rationalization was that the dealership was undergoing growing pains. Ok.

While I was in the finance office, the finance lady, Suzi, asked me if I would consider a new Limited as the payment would only be about $150.00 more. Of course, the term was longer. I told her I would think about it and either purchase the 2016 or the 2019. I went home to think and research. No dealer in south Florida from Tampa to Miami would match the 2019 out the door price of Rockstar. Additionally, no dealer in the same area would match the price I paid for the 2016 Limited. One sales manager asked me where I was located. I told him. He said he can't match Rockstar's prices and that they were the most aggressive dealer in Florida relative to prices.

I would buy from them again. All things being equal, lower prices make up for most sins. But getting a good price requires a bit of work and aggravation. If you don't ask, you don't get. And we all know you never get the best price on the first and probably the second pass.

I can't comment on their service department. I use a one off service provider who once worked for Six Bends and has had his own shop for over 20 years. He services and serviced all of my bikes.

I tried to buy from Bert's Black Widow. They tried to sell me a 2014 Limited with more miles at the a price near what I paid for my 2016. And they didn't even call me back when I left a message and email asking if they could beat Rockstar's price on the 2019. Black Widow's sales manager would not take my calls-he was too busy. By the way, he used to work for Six Bends and I bought two bikes from him. He either has a short memory or can't be bothered. My point is that most HD dealers lack customer service skills. They were spoiled by the long since past days when they sold everything in the store while being a@@holes.

No dealer is perfect and until it is in writing, it isn't a deal. This is my experience and my 2 cents.

Ride safe.

The following users liked this post:
Bgill (05-05-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Six Bends Falls Short