"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Defending Florida

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,003 Likes on 2,817 Posts

The closest I get at a stop is one or two bike lengths behind and staggered. I never pull up on another rider's lane unless I'm riding with them and I don't really like it when somebody does it to me. But that's just me.

Last edited by Hey Man; 02-04-2019 at 02:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hey Man:
FrankEV (02-04-2019), Papa G (02-04-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 07:01 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
MY question is: Are you implying ALL Florida bikers are as rude as he was? I don't really think so and certainly hope not!

As the population of MC riders in Florida has to be proportionally much higher than many other states, I would have to figure the number of rude and inconsiderate MC riders is also higher, but they are really very far and few between in my experience. So, I can not see how he is a PRIME example of ALL (implied) Florida bikers but can understand why he makes us look bad in the eyes of those who don't know better. As they say "it only takes one rotten apple..."

I'm sure you were trying to say something different, but we must be carefull not to say something about our community that can be taken wrong by the large numbes of people that read these posts from all over the country/world.
Of course I'm not implying that ALL Florida bikers are as rude as he was. I am a Florida resident and of course I was on my ride when the dope cut me off.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Now that I'm on a TG the staggering issue isn't that important.

When I come up on another bike I apparently was going faster than him/her so 90% of the time I am going to pass as soon as possible. If I'm driving my Mini Cooper and come up behind another Mini Cooper there would be no reason to stay behind it, why would I want to follow a slower moving motorcycle?

Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
Now that I'm on a TG the staggering issue isn't that important.

When I come up on another bike I apparently was going faster than him/her so 90% of the time I am going to pass as soon as possible. If I'm driving my Mini Cooper and come up behind another Mini Cooper there would be no reason to stay behind it, why would I want to follow a slower moving motorcycle?
I guess your thought process is correct. However, I have frequently cought up with another MC rider because he/she had to slow down for a light or traffic and yet we are both basically traveling at the same speed (maybe the limit of slightly over) and the opportunity to pass because of oncomming traffic just isn't prudent. No different than having to fall in behind a cage.

My simple newbe question was what is the protocall in such a situation? Join the front rider in a staggered position or stay back a few car lengths as you would when having to fall in behind a car. If the front rider takes the middle of the lane position, I would know to drop back, but if the rider is using one of the tire tracks I would normally choose the othe track and fall in a little ways back (i.e.; staggered).

I personally don't mind if another rider joins me and I will always provide him/her the opportunity to pass as soon as possible if the rider indicates that intention.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

Must be Miami
Facebook Post

Old 02-13-2019, 07:56 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

^^^^ Just goes to show how boring it must be to ride on a sport bike, scooter or whatever that thing is.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Vigr
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They can gladly move back to whatever shithole state they came from

Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Right. That's the spirit. ��

Last edited by Hey Man; 02-14-2019 at 07:02 AM.