Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Florida Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/)
-   -   Defending Florida (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew/1268532-defending-florida.html)

FrankEV 01-23-2019 07:11 AM

Defending Florida

The following thread, Good Retirement Location For Riders in the General Harly Davidson Chat area, is intersting reading.

However, Florida is getting some bad press and as you can see I've responded to one I felt was an over the top put-down to the Riders of this state.

Unless I was out of line, maybe some others might want to add their two cents in that thread.

Nokkon Wud 01-23-2019 08:09 AM

I just as soon they believe it and stay away from here.

FrankEV 01-23-2019 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Raider Bill (Post 17980405)
I just as soon they believe it and stay away from here.

I wasn't suggesting anyone should move here, that happens all by itself, so we don't need to encourage it. However, I just don't like it when someone says things that are blatingly false.

Thanks

Uncle Larry 01-23-2019 09:24 AM

Have you met Dickey and his opinion of Michigan ??

SWFLGuy 01-23-2019 09:30 AM

I have learned that people will blather on about things they have heard others say like mockingbirds without really having a knowledgeable opinion.
Who cares what they think? They may be right.
While it’s a cool place and riding is year round there are a lot more scenic places to go.

FrankEV 01-23-2019 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry (Post 17980606)
Have you met Dickey and his opinion of Michigan ??

Well Michigan...that's another story....

Originally Posted by SWFLGuy (Post 17980628)
I have learned that people will blather on about things they have heard others say like mockingbirds without really having a knowledgeable opinion.
Who cares what they think? They may be right.
While it’s a cool place and riding is year round there are a lot more scenic places to go.

Just to be clear, I never said this is the best place to ride. Also, my title is a little misleading, it shoud have read "Defending Florida Riders. As I stated previously, I just don;t like it when someone post false facts.

The OP of that post was demeaning the Florida riders as being "Insane" and not "not wanting to ride". Things that are furthest from the truth.

Just my opinion.

SWFLGuy 01-23-2019 09:55 AM

I didn’t mean you when I was talking about the blathering. I mean all of the opinions of others who don’t live here, or only come when everyone else does and it DOES suck then.

edit: I ride everyday, if it’s not storming out, to work and back.

uklauren 01-23-2019 02:23 PM

Just tell them Florida is full.

Hammerhead Pat 01-23-2019 03:39 PM

If we could just get all the little import cars with the mufflers to leave I would be happy...….

Hey Man 01-24-2019 08:07 AM

^^^ Or make it legal to hunt them without a permit. Them and the boom cars.