"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Anybody doing Leesburg this year?

Old 04-28-2019, 02:23 PM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Went yesterday morning. Weather was great on the way up, and for the first time in all the years I've gone the heat wasn't as bad as in the past the rest of the day. Left Orlando up 441, return trip down 27 to CR48 through Yalaha and Howey-In-The-Hills to the Turnpike for the last leg home.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

So we ended up going Friday to Sunday. Rented an RV. The women drove the RV and the men rode the bikes to Holiday RV Village. Great place to stay. Everyone is friendly and welcoming including the staff. This was my first time to Leesburg and everyone keeps trying to convince me it's the best rally around but I'm not convinced. It was exactly like every other rally, just different location.

I did meet a lot of great people at the RV park both residents and folks there for the rally. Not sure what was worse, Vince Neil or Vanilla Ice. There were some very good bands at Lucky U (Rat's Hole) however the bike show was on the light side. Some good work but not many bikes compared to some other rallies. I will add that I did not get to go around a lot of Leesburg as my friends are late risers and prefer to stay in until late at night and then go out to drink and listen to the bands. It's the same thing when we go to Daytona which is why I always leave them and catch up with them later in the day. Did not do that this time as it was my first time in Leesburg and didn't want to venture off by myself.