"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Clearwater Florida???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:47 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
If you are going to head up to the panhandle for a couple days you might want to consider heading to GA, SC,NC,TENN. There is some great riding up there. I bet you could find some crew to ride with you too if you post it up.
I remember as many as ten heading north several times a year, back in the day. I'm sure it will be happening again. It just takes a few months for people to plan the time off.
I ride to the BRP for a week the 2nd week of August. It's hot down here, but up there? upper 50's lower 60's in the AM and the lower 80"s in the PM. Back in the day there was a motel that gave Florida crew a discount because of the groups that went up there.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:10 PM
heavyd1
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mostly what RED said, we love it here, but try to avoid the busy times of day, The Causeway to Clearwater is a mess especially on the weekend, not real bad if you go early, but by noon it's a mess. We are here in Pinellas Park, we like the lower beaches around John's Pass, and down to Pass-a-Grill. Try Ka-Tiki bar across from Caddy's.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

We haven't been to Ka-Tiki bar in awhile. Have to get down there soon. Always have a good time.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Hows this trip coming? You hear yet?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:54 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Hows this trip coming? You hear yet?
No, not yet. I understood ST was only returning from the Texas Bike Week they were attending yesterday.

I was originally hoping to ride down tomorrow (Wednesday) but the weather forcast for this whole week is bad. Looks like no break until next week. If the forcast holds, I think we will try to make it on Monday. Will have to check with ST to make sure that is good for them.

We will probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Largo for two nights and make the return trip next Wednesday. My lady wants to do a little sightseeing on Tuesday.

If you are going to be around would love to get together.

Will confirm when all plans are final.

Last edited by FrankEV; 06-18-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Well crap, I'm headed to Tenn Saturday AM.
Doing 3 weeks at the cabin.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

That is a bummer, but please enjoy your time up there. Hope you get decent weather... it has been awlful this year up in Tenn and NC.

My Son, who lives in WNC, says he doesn't need to come down to Florida to see the everglades....just looks out his back door. So swampy from all the rain it is impossible to mow his yard.

After I get these shocks fixed we will be able to do some longer rides and may come back over your way later in the year. Will let you know.

Again enjoy your trip.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Thanks.

I have a few miles of ATV trails I need to bush hog/mow back. Haven't been able to due to rain. There's a few that will need to be repaired due to water damage.

4th of July on the Billarosa (my Tenn land) mostly consists of friends showing up for a couple days to a couple of weeks. We ride, ATV, eat, drink, some shoot then ride some more. Yee Haw!
Here's our theme song

Catchy!

Old 06-21-2019, 09:00 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Went over the Suspension technologies in Largo yesterday. What a great bunch of guys! Noah heard me pull up and came out before I could get off the bike.
Gave me a quick tour and a very good price on a pair of rear shocks. Told me to pull in so they could install them at no extra cost!

I also bought a pair of tie down brackets that mount behind the passenger pegs installed $39.00!!

Old 06-21-2019, 04:50 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Went over the Suspension technologies in Largo yesterday. What a great bunch of guys! Noah heard me pull up and came out before I could get off the bike.
Gave me a quick tour and a very good price on a pair of rear shocks. Told me to pull in so they could install them at no extra cost!

I also bought a pair of tie down brackets that mount behind the passenger pegs installed $39.00!!
Well, my plans are firmed up. We will be riding over early Monday morning. Will stay two nights in Largo at the Holiday Inn Express and head back on Wednesday Morning.

We will do some riding and sightseeing on Tueday. Will try to check out some of the places that have been suggested.

Quick Reply: Clearwater Florida???