Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Florida Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/)
-   -   Taking some time off (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew/370547-taking-some-time-off.html)

Phlip96 07-26-2009 01:33 PM

Taking some time off

Well, I have come to terms with my dilemna. I know there is a problem with the scoot and to avoid damage to the bike, myself or my brothers I would ride with; I have decided to jack up the beast and start removing the supercharger and locate the root of the problem.

Yes I went to rottmeyer and the financing is possible but just not wise for the construction rate from which my bills get paid. Went to peterson and they said they didnt even want the bike!! :shock:

This is a very upsetting time for me, this is why you haven't seen me around much. I do still have my suzuki 800 intruder I can get some short rides in. It's a lil peice o crap but can still get the wind in my hair. I know you guys wont care if I join with a jap crap as long as I ride in the back! Lol

Oh, as for Ocala, I am booked and still goin even if I go in a cage and rent when we get there! Im upset not depressed! :p

masterblaster 07-26-2009 01:50 PM

I understand where you are coming from, the bike is too new to give up, might think about getting a S&S motor installed. You can ride in the middle or front on the jap bike, hell it will probably have more range anyway. I am not an expert but can hand ya tools if ya need help. As long as you have cold ones available.

cHarley 07-26-2009 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear the news Phil, but as MB said give a shout if ya need some help. Hell, I wouldn't worry about riding a jap bike, as you're aware we have in the past even welcomed a tricycle.

:icon_bike:

kimbo 07-26-2009 02:31 PM

Fill-Up, the bright side is look at all the gas money you will save :icon_biggrin: No really sorry to hear your down, the good thing is your working and know how to turn a wrench. As U've heard all I know how to do is turn the key. Hang in their buddy, I'm sure we will see you soon.

MJ 07-26-2009 02:34 PM

Sorry to hear that Philip! While riding around the Lake today, I was wondering where you were.

bulldogmoe7 07-26-2009 03:59 PM

make the bike simple to ride and get rid of the charger on it. you can ride with anything you got fillerup.

big_al 07-26-2009 04:06 PM

Phillip sell the pro charger, rebuild the motor as stock as possible and you will be 100% happier....

1of2 07-26-2009 05:15 PM

Sorry you are having these problems Philip. I feel so bad I even called you by your real name. hang in there bud,, you'll get it figured out.

Just Dave 07-26-2009 05:38 PM

I wonder if you could get someone to trade you all the stock stuff you need for the supercharger, Might be the easiest way to fix this problem once and for all. Try an add on Craigslist. Make them pay a professional to do the swap as part of the deal.

cHarley 07-26-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Just Dave (Post 5327301)
I wonder if you could get someone to trade you all the stock stuff you need for the supercharger, Might be the easiest way to fix this problem once and for all. Try an add on Craigslist. Make them pay a professional to do the swap as part of the deal.

Now that's the best idea yet, no kidding. Alright Dave....