Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   "The Florida Crew" (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/)
-   -   Hats for the Rally?? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew/407382-hats-for-the-rally.html)

1of2 09-14-2009 10:39 AM

Hats for the Rally??

I was wondering how much interest there is in getting hats for the rally. In order to get good prices we would need to put an order in soon. I was hoping to get enough from the general fund to buy hats but not enough people have sent money in yet to do it. If a bunch of people send in at the last minute it will be too late to order. We have a few options:

1) Not bother with hats.

2) Have people pay for hats separately and order them just for the people who paid for them.

3) wait and see if we end up with enough money when it gets closer and more people have donated.

4) Find someone willing to put up money up front to get them now.

I really like the idea of hats because it is the easiest way to identify a Crew member in a crowded room. I would definitely be up for getting them. What do the rest of you think?

sleepman54 09-14-2009 10:51 AM

I'm not a real big hat wearer, but I'd go along with hats. Probably a lot easier to manage than t-shirts. But I think we should go along with the idea of the people who want them pay for them in advance.

cHarley 09-14-2009 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by sleepman54 (Post 5579506)
I'm not a real big hat wearer, but I'd go along with hats. Probably a lot easier to manage than t-shirts. But I think we should go along with the idea of the people who want them pay for them in advance.

+1 - I'm not a hat fan either, but if it's a group deal I'm in. Given the disappointing lack of priority some have placed on funding this event, I'd also hate to see someone get stuck by fronting the money for hats.

Sefferdog 09-14-2009 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sleepman54 (Post 5579506)

Agree. I am in and believe it is best to just collect for them in advance. That way no one gets stuck holding the bag....

kimbo 09-14-2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sefferdog (Post 5580915)
Agree. I am in and believe it is best to just collect for them in advance. That way no one gets stuck holding the bag....

I agree, prepay, I would post the style of hat, I think your original patch logo is good. Not to bring up an old topic but is the patch out? If doing the patch it might be tied into the same vendor or maybe use the patch on the hat. Just throwing it out.

On another note I was considering on doing shirts, using the same design and just updating the rally info. This would help hold down the cost and I believe that their is new technology out their that makes the digital print so it doesn't fade as bad.

sleepman54 09-14-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by kimbo (Post 5581524)
On another note I was considering on doing shirts, using the same design and just updating the rally info. This would help hold down the cost and I believe that their is new technology out their that makes the digital print so it doesn't fade as bad.

If you're doing shirts make mine Plaid....

Just Dave 09-14-2009 07:48 PM

I will go for a pre-paid hat, Come on crew, get off the fence and ante-up!!!!! It ain't like y'all will be able to say you did not have any notice!

kimbo 09-14-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Just Dave (Post 5582285)
I will go for a pre-paid hat, Come on crew, get off the fence and ante-up!!!!! It ain't like y'all will be able to say you did not have any notice!

Good point seems like alot more have reservations that have ante-up. Even if it's only $10.00 it's for the crews dinner. Come on guys, Dale is working his but off to make this happen.:icon_wake:

throttlejunkie 09-15-2009 07:13 AM

good idea on the prepay..
i'm always good for a hat or 2, or a shirt or 2, or a couple patches..
:icon_banana::icon_banana:

JayStronghawk 09-15-2009 07:18 AM

Prepay works for me.. Shirt hat whatever .... Just Holler what you need .. In for 2 of whatever is offered..