"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Wanting to start a MC

Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Fats71
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember years ago a ralley prior to being saved. It was in Oklahoma I think and I was sitting around drinking beer at 5 a.m. around the fire with buddies and someone said I need coffee lets go to them Jesus people they always have killer coffee.It was the CMA. I have checked into them and I like them no doubt but my belief system is a bit different from a lot of the Christian MC's out there.

It is again something that has been on my heart for years and I feel as if GOD wanted me too and still wants me motivated enough to go forth. It may just be to come on here and get hooked up I dunno its all in his hands. I just know I am praying about it and following what I believe to be what he wants.

as far as a spammer sorry bout that being new and all. I just been looking into it for years and this site I came across for the first time while researching and I read around and saw the tight knit community and the helpfulness you all have shown others hence me posting here.

I again thank you all for the help. Like I said maybe GOD just wants to see if I will get off my butt and get more focused who knows but him right.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

Looking to feed your witness jones and ride? Sound good.

Do you go to church? and if so do you ever see bikes parked there? Could be a good place to start. I ride to meet my parents for mass at the massive catholic church up in Flagler (they live in the Hammock) and seen a few HD parked in the lot.

Big 3 patch hang out next to Iron Horse at the leather shop - not sure who. I also see the Storm Riders around White Eagle when ever they have an event. No idea what kind of club that is? Also seen some Loosers (club name) down in New Smyrna.

Get out this weekend and chat up some of those guys if you see em out.

I would tread lightly around the 3 patch stuff with your logo.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Seen a lot of good answers here but consider the best one Check with the CMA .. Seen them all over Florida from Pensacola to Key West perhaps could get your own chapter in your area if they don't have one there ..

Old 09-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Fats71
6th Gear

I hear ya I usually hit Iron Horse since its a no colors joint They have a awesome philly cheese steak.I go across the street for time to time but have not been over in a long while.

I will kick around a bit and yeah tread lightly.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:17 AM
PoincianaRoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been considering the same thing. After seeking counsel from a pastor-friend of mine, I've cosidering starting a new chapter of the Heaven's Saints MM in my area.. They are a Motorcycle Ministry started by a former Hell's angel. You can check out their website to learn more about their philosophy etc. As for me, I'm a former pastor who wants to use motorcles for fellowship and ministry. Of course, so far, it just me here so I need to seek out other like-minded Christian bikers.

Anyway, his counsel to me....1) Avoid a three piece patch (I have a Christian flag on the back of my vest. when I join the Saints, I'll receive a small patch that goes in the lower right-hand corner), 2) Consider, at least at first, becoming aquianted with established groups. CMA is pretty popular in FL. The Heaven Saints have several chapters but they are on the west coast and the panhandle. There's another group in Apopka. And the Spirit Riders are in Tampa. The stink is that I live in Poinciana, which is near Kissimmee.

For now, I hope to get better aquainted with existing groups, make contacts in my area, and then see how I'm led. Too bad you're so far away.

If you avoid the 3 piece patch you should stay out of MC trouble. If you want a club though (rather than a MM), the Confederation of Clubs would be the way to go. Several Christian groups are a part of it.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:31 AM
PoincianaRoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW: I hope to ride with CMA some too. They welcome non-members to join in. You can do the same. It would give you some Christians to fellowship with even if you don't see eye-to-eye. I found them to be very friendly with all of their Gold Wings :>)

Last edited by PoincianaRoadKing; 09-06-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Fats71
6th Gear

i appreciate the help. I got in contact with the SONS OF GOD.
I have a full back piece tat and it says SON OF GOD across the top and the head of JESUS off the cross. the head is their path almost identical seemslike a sign.

I am going to check them out a bit this week when I meet up with a few members seems good.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah....I don't think you want a 'motorcycle club' per se....
what you need to do, is print up some business card-like things,
go to a church (if you belong to one, start there).
After the sermon, have the preacher request a minute of time...
you get up there, ask if anyone rides a motorcycle and that you
are going to form a group of riders to share the word of God.
Meet for a few minutes before the rush to the parking lot
after sermon. Pass out your cards, meet after work on a thursday
and plan a 45 mile ride to another church.
Go as a group to another church and ask if you can share your
experience with the people. You don't need a friggin 'club'!
Did Jesus have a 'club'! Hell NO.
He had rules though...puts a strain on things.

chuck the mensh

Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Fats71
6th Gear

Originally Posted by themensh
Yeah....I don't think you want a 'motorcycle club' per se....
what you need to do, is print up some business card-like things,
go to a church (if you belong to one, start there).
After the sermon, have the preacher request a minute of time...
you get up there, ask if anyone rides a motorcycle and that you
are going to form a group of riders to share the word of God.
Meet for a few minutes before the rush to the parking lot
after sermon. Pass out your cards, meet after work on a thursday
and plan a 45 mile ride to another church.
Go as a group to another church and ask if you can share your
experience with the people. You don't need a friggin 'club'!
Did Jesus have a 'club'! Hell NO.
He had rules though...puts a strain on things.

chuck the mensh

I am wanting the MC route. The Sons of GOD seem from what I have read to be what I am looking for and what I wanted to start.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
WillyHD
Road Master

That's cool that you found something already out there. There are so many clubs around that you don't need to start a new one. The SOG guys that I met in GA are good dudes. Hope it works out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanting to start a MC