Poser's Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VIII - Page 981 - Harley Davidson Forums

The General B/S Forum Talk about your local show off joints, assless chaps, fingerless gloves, 30-minute Starbucks rides and all your black leather apparel. Harley T-shirts from all over the world welcome! The more the merrier. Discuss the newest bluetooth modular helmet and the brightest boogey lights.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poser's Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VIII

Old Today, 10:23 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Mornin Izzy. Still waiting for some rain over. Roads still covered with salt. The weather guessers guessed wrong for today. They forecast 40% chance of rain this morning. Nothing but blue skies and sunshine out there.
Old Today, 11:19 AM

Took my bike in for some work last week. Won't be back for a week. Drat.
Old Today, 11:27 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Studded snow tires were banned many years ago. So Minnesota dumps unbelievable amounts of salt on the roads in the winter.
Old Today, 11:43 AM
old and slow

Some old timers at work told me it only took a couple winters to wear ruts into the pavement on the interstates and busy highways with studs. I can see how that would get real expensive. I won't say dedicated snow tires are better than studs, but I ran them the last few years I was commuting, and quite frankly, I think snow tires would be all that's needed, just plowing and no salting. These "all season" tires are really no season tires, and most don't even have a fairly aggressive tread anymore. Actual winter tires should be a requirement in MN from the first snowfall, and people need to learn to drive on snow instead of trusting salt melt on tires that are mediocre in the rain.
Old Today, 11:54 AM
old and slow

My daughter called me once when she got stuck, and I had no problem getting to her and going through the snow that stopped her SUV with my Blizzak equipped Bonneville. Her fancy traction control was useless with all season tires in snow. When we got to her house, found out she couldn't get up her previous house's driveway with any snow on it, so I got her a pair of Blizzak snow tires on another pair of rims for the drive wheels, and ice or a few inches of snow weren't a problem with those. Best to use them on all 4 though, on the front they pull hard enough to swing the back end out easy on corners, a strange feeling on a fwd car.
Old Today, 10:48 PM
Extreme HDF Member

just stopping by, I'll get the lights.