The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mc 1% where did they go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The media, primarily national magazines in those days, hyped the Hollister motorcycle rally incident to sell print (exactly like they do today, but now with a dozen types of media). Some of the photos were even staged, by the photo-journalists. They had every small town in America terrified that hordes of young WWII veterans on motorcycles were coming to town to rape and rampage.

Remnants of the legend obviously live on today. A few years ago the Hells Angels held one of their big national get togethers (maybe a world level gathering, I don't remember) in Missoula, Montana. The merchants were very happy to have the business, the HA were perfect gentlemen (and spent a sh*tload of money), the only trouble involved a few tough guy locals picking fights (and you know how that ended). Most of the Missoula townfolk would be completely happy to have them back again....and the police get to have a good time playing surveillance games, riding around in helicopters, and striking cool poses on the news channels.
Everybody was happy.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,872 Likes on 21,305 Posts

Originally Posted by patriotmc
Ok, so here's a ligit 1% question.

You have all the non-club riders -solo's, friends, HOG, ABATE, etc. - 99%

You have the clubs like Hells Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Sons of Silence, etc. - 1%

And then you have the other 3-patch clubs like Christian Riders, Am Vets, Leathernecks and many other military MCs, VTwin MC, etc. - so what are they considered?
They're considered to be flirtin' w/disaster IMO, for if the dominant club in their areas tell them to not wear their "3 piece patch" guess what?

I know of one club(I'm sure some of you know who I am referring to) that told a group that wears a "3 piece patch"
that is not (mc related)to wear it anymore, period, and if they did there would be consequences.
This group does not wear their patch anymore, and that's just the way it is.

Personally I would not want to push my luck with that.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AzDesertTroll
I am guessing that I am spoiled by the movie effects and acting of today. At the risk of really getting my back side handed to me here I am just, within the last 5 yrs, getting into John Wayne movies.

Does anyone have any suggestions of films to watch that are a little more realistic "biker" movies or documentaries? I have already watched (late last year - for the 1st time and a few times since then) Easy Rider, and did not really get into that one either, I thought they drug the commune scene out way to long and the ending sucked, though it was much better than The Wild One. Not trying to ruffle feathers (Gumby in particular) I didn't care for Fonda's bike (running for cover) I liked the look of Hopper's bike better.
Yea, I can give ya one, if your into "motorcyclist" and not necessarily "biker"....."on any sunday" with Steve McQueen.

Last edited by Snarly; 02-14-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does one give more then 100% I'm just wondering?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by patriotmc

And then you have the other 3-patch clubs like Christian Riders, Am Vets, Leathernecks and many other military MCs, VTwin MC, etc. - so what are they considered?
VTwin MC is not a 3 piece club, we are a 2 piece AMA MC.
AMA Charter # 6895

Last edited by schumacher; 02-17-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I see from the news a couple of Hell Angel's members got arrested recently here in Canada for murder and drug trafficking. Have we lost any regular posters to the 1% threads recently?

Last edited by fat_tony; 02-17-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fat_tony
I see from the news a couple of Hell Angel's members got arrested recently here in Canada for murder and drug trafficking. Have we lost any regular posters to the 1% threads recently?
I visit Bikernews.net on occasion but I'm still here also.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1%ers don't sit around and type and play with computers, so all of us are 99%ers NO mater how bad or tuff you think you are!