The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooter Trash

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
woodworking1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I my area most scooter riders are punk kids that got their license revoked. Most have no clue about how to handle two wheels in a traffic situation and they don't have to wear helmets! Ive seen em out in flip flops,t-shirts and no eye protection with no REGULATION WHATSOEVER! They certainly are menacing.
No groups around here, just solo umm, people, that's what I'll call em, running around on their scooters.(I'd rather pedal a bike)

The helmet thing pisses me off because...well, you know why!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:40 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

pretty cool those vespa's, would be great for city living

Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS

Originally Posted by nuberton
They're like a bunch of boys named Sue. Hell, you gotta be a hard-*** to ride a scooter in public.

Much like ridin' a fat girl.........comfortable as HE_L, but you wouldn't want your buddies to see you on it!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our scooter gangs are from the two high-end universities in town. The other day about 20 of them were rolling in the opposite direction I was traveling, riding staggered, helmeted, big grins, and they did the low wave. Their clothing was a mixture of Harley boutique and Abercrombie & Fitch. Just nice kids having a good time.

They only get dangerous to the rest of us after they get their graduate degrees.

Last edited by krusty1; 05-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 PM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys... fun is where you find it. If they're ridin' because they like to ride, and their choice is a scooter: More power to'em!

On the job the other day, I was sitting next to a street crossing, and a whole herd (more than a dozen) of restored and spit-polished Cushman scooters went putt-putting by. Mixture of men, women, all helmeted... with big possum grins on their faces. Later in the day I was on the south side of town, and this same group came rumbling by headed back out of town!

Riding simplicity. I thought it looked like fun.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

They frighten me so I tend to shy away from them....afraid they might do something despertae like tussle my hair or untie my shoes. Oh the HORROR!

Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Seriously though...scooters are cool. I have a Honda Ruckus in my garage too...parked right next to my Ultra. Had a moped too which I sold to buy the Ruckus. Great for campground use, giving rides to the kids or a quick trip to the store for a gallon of milk. Don't knock 'em till you try 'em.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by krusty1
Starting to see big groups of scooter riders on the road. They look kinda menacing...carrying around concealed iPads and Blackberries...wild packs of young attorneys, CPA's (and their OL's and OM's). Totally took over one of the Starbuck's formerly held by the local OMG's.
Real dumb post, Who care just ride.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:12 PM
fonemann
Road Captain

the scary ones have a milk crate tied to bothsides of the back with lots of stuff in them,Old ladies with doo rags

Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM
rockhard69
Road Captain

The scooter riders that "krusty1" was afraid of, where really Coast Guard Cadets, out on a training ride.
Everyone knows Marines are jealous of the Coasties. After all, their both paid to play in the surf!!! LOL The Few, the proud, the tanned

Quick Reply: Scooter Trash